Enterprise Security Weekly - Episode 36
 Coming Soon
Recorded March 9, 2017
Interview: Don Pezet, ITProTV
Don Pezet has been working in the IT industry for over 18 years. In addition to working with the technologies, he has also been training others for over 12 years. He is a certified trainer with many vendors including Microsoft and Cisco. His combination of real-world experience, textbook knowledge, and a questionable sense of humor have helped him to entertain and educate thousands of people. He and his business partner Tim Broom founded ITProTV in 2013. ITProTV has been described as the Netflix of IT training, with over 2000 hours of original IT training content available online.
Enterprise Security News
- Arista puts itself in a container - The virtualized network appliance that runs in a container. Just think about that for a moment and how it will change security and networking.
- Check Point adds Google Cloud support to vSec security platform - We will see more announcements such as this one: The industry’s broadest cloud platform support and the only Advanced Threat Prevention security solution for any cloud environment – public, private or hybrid – AWS, Microsoft Azure, VMware, Cisco, OpenStack, Nuage Networks and now Google Cloud Platform Checkpoint has a wide-array of support.
- Entrust Datacard Announces Availability of Entrust Certificate Services 12.1 - This is pretty cool Users of the Entrust Wildcard SSL/TLS certificates can now utilize security best practices by applying a unique private key to each server protected by a single Wildcard certificate license.
- Risk Dashboard New Feature in CodeSonar 4.5 - How much do I care about risk vs. functionality? GrammaTech, a leading provider of software assurance tools and cyber-security solutions, today announced the availability of the CodeSonar Risk Dashboard as a key new capability that elevates security vulnerabilities and software quality to the executive level. It provides executives with an immediate read-out of the level of outstanding security risks in their projects. This is a brand new capability for IT projects and it provides them with the data needed to improve decision-making concerning security investments.
- Bitglass: Cloud Access Security Broker Launches Channel Partner Program - Smart move? Bitglass has been busy on the partner front. The company last month launched an integration with the Trustwave Managed Detection service that provides organizations with visibility into cloud-based threats.
- Wikileaks Vault 7 CIA files: Smart TV, iPhone, and Android hacks
- CA Picks Up Veracode in $614M Deal to Improve Secure DevOps - CA is making a full-on play in security Vercode most recently, but also Xceedium (PIM), Automatic (Business automation), Mobile System 7 (data protection and analytics).
- Okta Buys Stormpath to Add Identity Control for Devs - Okta, an independent provider of identity and device management for enterprises, revealed March 6 that it has acquired Stormpath, a provider of identity management for applications and APIs.CloudHealth Technologies Doubles Number of Channel Partners Globally, Drives Value-Added Services
- ETAS strengthens cybersecurity capabilities - ETAS provides innovative solutions, engineering services, consulting, training, and support for the development of embedded systems for the automotive industry and other sectors of the embedded industry. and TrustPoint develops innovative products and solutions to address the security needs for the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) communication markets including connected vehicles, smart cities, and critical infrastructure applications.