SANS Las Vegas from October 26-27th will debut a new course titled "Embedded Device Security Assessments for the Rest of Us" which will teach students how to assess embedded systems of all varieties on pen tests and in your duties as a security professional. Register Here
Announcements & Shameless Plugs
Security Weekly - Episode 261 for Thursday September 29th, 2011.
- Don't forget to check out Hack Naked TV - Currently at Episode #7 the "SSL is a BEAST edition!
- For our Spanish-speaking friends, check out Security Weekly Espanol, going strong with episode 6 released recently!
- Don't forget to Read our blog, Participate on our mailing list, Visit Security Weekly Insider, us on Twitter, the IRC channel at irc.freenode.net #securityweekly, Watch our Videos and Add us on Facebook where we can be "friends"
Guest Interview: Brian Kennish
7:30 PM EDT
Brian Kennish, ex–Googler and DoubleClick engineer, is now the developer of Disconnect.Me, a startup that makes tools to help people understand and control the data they share online.
- Tell us about the work you did at DoubleClick & Google.
- Give us an overview of your recent Tracking the Trackers talk from DefCon.
- Explain the Google data (ad targetting) exchange you recently discussed on This Week in Startups.
- What's it like to create an anti-tracking startup? Were you ever intimidated of facing down the 800 pound Facebook gorilla? Were any of the multiple acquisition offers simply offers to buy the startup and shut it down?
- Were you surprised by the popularity of Facebook Disconnect? What does the extension do?
- What's an "etag"? How was it used by KissMetrics?
- Do you think privacy is dead?