SANS Las Vegas from October 26-27th will debut a new course titled "Embedded Device Security Assessments for the Rest of Us" which will teach students how to assess embedded systems of all varieties on pen tests and in your duties as a security professional. Register Here
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 346 for Thursday September 19th, 2013
- Episode 350 of PaulDotCom will be recorded and streamed live on October 25, 2013. We are looking for submissions for technical segments, send them to psw -at - pauldotcom.com and we will pick the best ones to be featured on the show. We are looking for panel guests as well! Support our chosen charity: Wings For Warriors. This will be an all day event!
- We've released a book on Offensive Countermeasures! Visit tinyurl.com/OCM-Amazon to add this to your summer reading list.
- We are looking for sponsors for our weekly webcasts and shows. Contact paul -at- hacknaked.tv for details!
- The Stogie Geeks Show! - Kick some ash with the Stogie Geeks, Thursday nights at 9:00PM EST. Come have a cigar with us! If you are in the Rhode Island area please visit our sponsor the Havana Cigar Club, its an awesome place to have a drink! Make sure you print out your $5.00 off coupon here!
Guest Interview: Vivek Ramachandran
Vivek Ramachandran is a world renowned security researcher and evangelist. His expertise includes computer and network security, exploit research, wireless security, computer forensics, embedded systems security, compliance and e-Governance. He is the founder of Security Tube and Pentester Academy .
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be our weapon of choice?
- In a game of ass grabby-grabby do you prefer to go first or second?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- Stranded on a desert island, which tablet would you bring with you if you could choose only one: Android, iPad or Surface?
- 5 Tips to Protect Networks Against Shodan Searches - eSecurity Planet
- Installing Dropbox? Prepare to lose ASLR. | codeinsecurity
- Volvent Security R&D: Cloning an Infrared Disarming Remote of a Consumer Grade Home Security System
- "How did I get a root shell in my NAS
- Would you believe it? Women more in favour of porn filters than men
- "Apple DDOS? Nope
- NSA Contract With VUPEN Revealed
- Skimming made easier with hacked portable card payment machines
- Security researchers create undetectable hardware trojans
- Marissa Mayer does not lock her iPhone with a passcode- The Inquirer
- "Seagate to produce 5TB hard drive next year
- Apple's Fingerprint ID May Mean You Can't 'Take the Fifth'
- Black Hat Announces First Ever West Coast Trainings Event
- "IT Pros Lack Security Management Support
- Dropbox Opening your docs HoneyDocs a new tool from Marcus Carey aka threatagent found that when uploading files to dropbox it was opening the file with LibreOffice.
- Android User? Google might have your WiFi passwords Since Android 2.2 the ability to save and sync wifi passwords between Android devices.
- Java adds whitelisting into 1.7U40
- Mac OS pre 10.8.5 with config profiles expose passwords in clear text
- iOS 7 introduces activation lock
- Errata Sec scanned the internets for SSH
- Another iOS lock bypass bug
- Rolling Stone hackers article
- 10 Things to Never Say During a Presentation
- iPhone 5 and a severed finger
- Netflix uses pirate sites to decide what to carry
- How often do you sound the alarm? Too much? Too little?
- Another satisfied VUPEN customer...the NSA!
- Hidden Lynx, a new "hackers for hire" group identified by Symantec
- I like shells