SANS Las Vegas from October 26-27th will debut a new course titled "Embedded Device Security Assessments for the Rest of Us" which will teach students how to assess embedded systems of all varieties on pen tests and in your duties as a security professional. Register Here
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 352 for Thursday November 7th, 2013
- We've released a book on Offensive Countermeasures! Visit tinyurl.com/OCM-Amazon to add this to your summer reading list.
- We are looking for sponsors for our weekly webcasts and shows. Contact paul -at- hacknaked.tv for details!
- The Stogie Geeks Show! - Kick some ash with the Stogie Geeks, Thursday nights at 9:00PM EST. Come have a cigar with us! If you are in the Rhode Island area please visit our sponsor the Havana Cigar Club, its an awesome place to have a drink! Make sure you print out your $5.00 off coupon here!
Guest Interview: Winn Schwartau
Winn Schwartau is one of the world's top experts on security, privacy, infowar, cyber-terrorism and related topics. He is well known for his appearances at DEFCON as the host for the game Hacker Jeopardy.
- How did you get your start in information security?
- How has hacker culture changed in the past 20 years?
- What is Hacker Jeopardy and what are some of the highlights from running this at Defcon?
- In your first book "'"Information Warfare: Chaos on the Electronic Superhighway" which came out in 1994 how many of the "warfare" theories have come true?
- What are the greatest threats posed by cyber attacks today?
- Which top 3 pieces of advice do you have for parents to keep their kids safe on the Internet?
- What has changed in advice to give to kids since you first published your book about keeping them safe on the internet?
- Some have given up on security awareness, what do you say to those people?
- How do you measure a security awareness program?
- Can you give us some examples of "Mobile Active Defense"?
- Any upcoming public speaking engagements?
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of Ass Grabby Grabby do you prefer to go first or second?
- Stranded in a desert island, which tablet would you bring along: a) iPad b) Surface c) Android d) All of the above e) None of the above?
I AM THE CAVALRY
The Cavalry Isn't Coming - Preserving Security Research Through the Demonstration of Public Good.
If any listeners are headed to the Microsoft MVP Summit I'm hosting a Tenable-sponsored reception Sunday night, Nov 17. Ask folks to ping me at firstname.lastname@example.org (or however they can find me) for details.
- Rise of ColdFusion Breaches
- CryptoLocker - it's a real thing
- 3 Failed Log-ins - Paul's Twitter
- Twitter IPO'd today
- AppSecUSA in Two Weeks!
- Google as a SQLi platform
- Bug bounty program for the whole internet
- Whitehat Aviator - A new "secure by default" browser from Jeremiah Grossman and Rsnake
ctf365 - we have a team, and even in alpha its cool!
silkroad 2.0 Will it really end, or is it just a polymorphic black market? DPR has handed off his legacy once more.