- 1 Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 469 - 6:00PM
- 2 Interview: Doug White and Russell Beauchemin
- 3 Tech Segment: Telepresence Robot
- 4 Security News - 7:00PM-8:00PM
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 469 - 6:00PM
Recorded June 16, 2016
This week we welcome back Doug White and Russell Beauchemin to the show! We're going to interview Russell, then he is going to showcase his teleprsence robot! In the security news for this week we'll compare some PHP insecurity with Microsoft OLE bugs and much more!
Doug White is a Professor of Networking, Security and Forensics, Director, FANS Lab. Russell Beauchemin is a graduate of RIC with a B.A. in English, minor in Chem, M.A. in Media Studies, and currently pursuing his PhD in Education at Lesley University. With his diverse academic background coupled with over 15 years of working in the field of educational technology and close to a decade of experience with teaching and instruction, he brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to everyone he meets and to every project he works on.
We also welcome two special co-hosts for this weeks show, Russell Beauchemin and Doug White!
Interview: Doug White and Russell Beauchemin
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of ass grabby-grabby, do you prefer to go first or second?
- Choose two celebrities to be your parents.
Tech Segment: Telepresence Robot
The model of the robot I am bringing is called a Double Generation 1 . This telepresence robot consists of a telescoping rod connecting a Segway-like base and an iPad Air 2 head. The robot is internet-connected over https and uses a web-based (desktop) and app-based (mobile) control. The robot can “grow” in size between 47” and 60” by using the telescoping body. Full video and audio interaction is available.