- 1 Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 490
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Interview: Jen Ellis and Harley Geiger, Rapid7 - 6:00-7:00PM
- 4 Technical Segment: Alex Horan, Onapsis - 7:00PM-7:30PM
- 5 Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 490
Recorded: November 17, 2016
- Jeffrey Man - Cryptanalyst, infosec analyst, pioneering ex-NSA pen tester, PCI specialist and certified security curmudgeon
- Jack Daniel - Works for Tenable Network Security and is a co-founder of Security BSides.
- Larry Pesce, Director of Research and Senior Managing Consultant at InGuardians
- Larry Pesce, Swami of Security, Oracle of the Online and Hotshot Of Hacking
- Larry Pesce, destroyer of embedded systems and injector of RF energy.
- Michael Santarcangelo - founder of SecurityCatalyst.com, author of Into the Breach, and creator of the leadership-driven Straight Talk Framework - with our favorite question, "What problem are you trying to solve?"
- Joff Thyer - SANS Instructor, Penetration Tester and Security Researcher with Black Hills Information Security.
- Joff Thyer, Geeking out with the best of them. Known to attract multiple waitresses with a single smile and utterance of g'day. Deployer of cocktail recipes in desperate situations. Hacker of many a thing! If it's got code running on it, it can be hacked.
- Joff Thyer, musician, proud father, and friend to many.
- Paul Asadoorian - He is probably the coolest guy around, but he won't tell you that. He is the kind of guy you want by your side when fighting off an army of 10,000 pygmies with poison arrows. He can tell you what color your underwear is by looking into your eyes. He can eat a cheeseburger in one bite. Scientists have said that he is so hot, he may be the main reason for global warming. His shit doesn't stink; in fact, it smells like car polish. He was refused entry to the USA because his biceps were classified as weapons of mass destruction. He is in the Guinness Book of World Records for completing the most somersaults in a row (126,253).
- Make sure you visit http://securityweekly.com/subscribe and subscribe to our new shows including Enterprise Security Weekly and Startup Security Weekly. You can also subscribe to all shows individually, as well as a main feed which contains this show, Hack Naked TV and Enterprise Security Weekly.
- Take our super cool survey! http://www.securityweekly.com/survey
Interview: Jen Ellis and Harley Geiger, Rapid7 - 6:00-7:00PM
- Jen Ellis, VP Community & Public Affairs
Work with security researchers & policy makers to improve public safety. Our increasing connectivity & reliance on code increases the risk exposure for consumers & organizations. It’s critical we can explain this & help people protect themselves. I help researchers collaborate with legislators & industry leaders to reduce consumer & organizational risk. I also work to positively influence cybersecurity legislation. I also volunteer for I Am The Cavalry, a security research group focused on promoting cyber safety.
I translate the passion of technologists & entrepreneurs into something meaningful & tangible to others. Effective communication is key to collaboration & understanding; we need both if we’re going to change the world. I’m highly results-oriented and passionate about building meaningful customer & community partnerships. I develop communications strategies that build credibility as well as awareness. I have a proven track record of delivering real business benefits from media and analyst relations, social media and events involvement. I’m highly collaborative, with an emphasis on building strategic integration with marketing, products, sales, and business development to support the business’ overall goals.
- Harley Geiger, Director of Public Policy
Attorney and public affairs professional with experience in non-profit, government, and corporate settings. Specialist in developing policy solutions, legal analysis, and strategic communications for technology issues such as cybersecurity, privacy, intellectual property, unmanned systems, and free expression.
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of ass grabby-grabby, do you prefer to go first or second?
- Choose two celebrities to be your parents.
Technical Segment: Alex Horan, Onapsis - 7:00PM-7:30PM
Alex Horan and Sebastian Bortnik from Onapsis
- Discuss the trends they've seen in the past year (DHS CERT, SANS SAP report). He can also give product & company updates.
Sebastian has a lot of good content to talk about but a few of the points are below:
- The evolution of the Onapsis research labs & how the team is fueling the product
- Upcoming projects from the labs team
- Interesting research projects for the team
Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
- Experts Tell Congress To Act On IoT Security
- Wi-Fi can imprint passwords and PINs onto radio signals - PC & Tech Authority
- Major Russian banks attacked by powerful IoT devices-focused botnet
- Meet PoisonTap, the $5 tool that ransacks password-protected computers | Ars Technica
- Seriously beautiful science cocktails will have you rethinking your alcohol choices
[Edward Snowden is a Fscking Idiot] http://gizmodo.com/edward-snowden-is-a-fucking-idiot-1789039598