Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 495
Recorded January 5, 2017
- Jeffrey Man - Cryptanalyst, infosec analyst, pioneering ex-NSA pen tester, PCI specialist and certified security curmudgeon
- Jack Daniel - Works for Tenable Network Security and is a co-founder of Security BSides.
- Larry Pesce, Director of Research and Senior Managing Consultant at InGuardians
- Larry Pesce, Swami of Security, Oracle of the Online and Hotshot Of Hacking
- Larry Pesce, destroyer of embedded systems and injector of RF energy.
- Michael Santarcangelo - founder of SecurityCatalyst.com, author of Into the Breach, and creator of the leadership-driven Straight Talk Framework - with our favorite question, "What problem are you trying to solve?"
- Joff Thyer - SANS Instructor, Penetration Tester and Security Researcher with Black Hills Information Security.
- Joff Thyer, Geeking out with the best of them. Known to attract multiple waitresses with a single smile and utterance of g'day. Deployer of cocktail recipes in desperate situations. Hacker of many a thing! If it's got code running on it, it can be hacked.
- Joff Thyer, musician, proud father, and friend to many.
- Paul Asadoorian - He is a male who is extremely charming in manner because of his gentlemanly behavior. He has good looks and thinks that women are better than men. He also has a high pain tolerance and likes it kinky.
- ITProTV is introducing a new membership level on February 1st. All current Premium Members as of February 1st will be granted the highest membership level available, so sign up today! Visit itpro.tv/securityweekly and use code SW30.
- InfoSecWorld - Your 10% off discount code to promote to your members is OS17-SW. This will give them 10% off the main conference or the World Pass.
Interview: Joe McCray, Strategic Security - 6:00PM-7:00PM
Comprehensive background in computer security, networking, and system administration along with extensive experience with public speaking, and training.
Specialties: Well versed in both Network, and Application Penetration Testing with the unique ability to translate Geekenese to English.
Strategic Security is an IT Security consulting firm that provides in-depth technical security assessments of your network, web application, and regulatory compliance gap analysis (ex: PCI, HIPAA, ISO 27000, etc). We also provide guidance on integrating security into your software development lifecycle, building an enterprise security program, and much more…
Technical Segment: Forensic Toolkit (FTK), Doug White- 7:00PM-7:30PM
Forensic Toolkit, or FTK, is a computer forensics software made by AccessData. It scans a hard drive looking for various information. It can for example locate deleted emails and scan a disk for text strings to use them as a password dictionary to crack encryption.
Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
- Buying Internal Domain Access Rob 'mubix' Fuller
- Claudio Guarnieri on Security Without Borders
- Put walls around home Things, win $25k from US government
- Hackers Could Explode Horribly Insecure Smart Meters, Pwn Home IoT
- Florida Man Sues Verizon For $72m For Letting Him Commit Identity Theft
- MongoDB Databases Under Attack Worldwide
- What Hack? Burlington Electric Speaks Out
- FDA Releases Guidance for Medical Device Cybersecurity
- Android Patched by Google for 90 Vulnerabilities in January Update
- Linux 2017: With great power comes great responsibility | ZDNet
- Oh no, MONGO!
- FDA offers guidelines on ongoing security of medical devices
- FTC offers $25K Prize for proposals for automatic patching and security of IoT - I think th heart is in the right place, but is so mis guided. They want a “device” that can go on a network to protect and patch….this really grinds my gears on so many levels.
- Bobby Tables has a company