Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 497
 Coming Soon
Recorded January 19, 2017
- Michael Santarcangelo - founder of SecurityCatalyst.com, author of Into the Breach, and creator of the leadership-driven Straight Talk Framework - with our favorite question, "What problem are you trying to solve?"
- Joff Thyer - SANS Instructor, Penetration Tester and Security Researcher with Black Hills Information Security.
- Paul Asadoorian -Embedded Device Researcher, Security Podcaster, CEO of Offensive Countermeasures
- ITPro.TV courses include Cybersecurity Analyst+, CCNA Cyber Ops, ITIL Operational Support and Analysis, Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking v9. ITProTV is introducing a new membership level soon. All current Premium Members will be granted the highest membership level available, so sign up today! Visit itpro.tv/securityweekly and use code SW30.
- InfoSecWorld - Your 10% off discount code to promote to your members is OS17-SW. This will give them 10% off the main conference or the World Pass.
- 2017 SOURCE Boston Proposal - Code SECURITYWEEKLY for $100 off either a conference ticket or one of the trainings. The early bird prices are currently in effect, but they can get an additional discount by using your code.
Interview: Jason Blanchard, SANS - 6:00PM-7:00PM
I have a strong and passionate desire to educate others and help them achieve their goals and dreams. I actively mentor people when the opportunity arises and love to speak wherever I am requested. If you would like me to speak at your Conference or Organization, please send me a message.
Interview: Bruce Potter, ShmooCon - 7:00PM-7:30PM
The founder of the annual Washington, DC based hacker convention Shmoocon.
Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
- Artificial intelligence can be used to predict your death but is it secure?
- Stuxnet general pardoned by Obama but deeper questions remain
- 5 Rules for Manufacturers in Securing the Internet of Things
- Who is Anna-Senpai, the Mirai Worm Author? Krebs on Security
- Router Vulnerabilities Disclosed in July Remain Unpatched
- Vulnerabilities Leave iTunes, App Store Open to Script Injection
- Docker Patches Container Escape Vulnerability
- Guccifer 2.0 Persona Resurfaces After Months Of Silence
- The Real Security Threat To Infrastructure? Squirrels!
- Cartapping: How Feds Have Spied On Connected Cars For 15 Years
- Chelsea Manning To Be Released Early As Obama Commutes Sentence
- Edward Snowden's Asylum In Russia Extended
- President Obama Lets Alleged Source Of Stuxnet Leak Walk Free
- Assange Weasels Out Of Pledge To Surrender If Manning Received Clemency
- Newly discovered Mac malware found in the wild also works well on Linux
- That critical ImageTragick bug Ars warned you about? It cost Facebook $40k
- Remote code execution vulnerability affecting Facebook's servers earns researcher $40,000
- Mirai botnet creator unmasked as DDOS protection developer tempted by the dark side
- Is Your Router Insecure (and Does Your Router Maker Care)?
- Intel believes 5G wireless could reach far beyond smartphones to smart things