Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 498
 Coming Soon
Recorded January 26, 2017
- Jeffrey Man - Cryptanalyst, infosec analyst, pioneering ex-NSA pen tester, PCI specialist and certified security curmudgeon
- Jack Daniel - Works for Tenable Network Security and is a co-founder of Security BSides.
- Larry Pesce, Director of Research and Senior Managing Consultant at InGuardians
- Larry Pesce, Swami of Security, Oracle of the Online and Hotshot Of Hacking
- Larry Pesce, destroyer of embedded systems and injector of RF energy.
- Michael Santarcangelo - founder of SecurityCatalyst.com, author of Into the Breach, and creator of the leadership-driven Straight Talk Framework - with our favorite question, "What problem are you trying to solve?"
- Joff Thyer - SANS Instructor, Penetration Tester and Security Researcher with Black Hills Information Security.
- Joff Thyer, Geeking out with the best of them. Known to attract multiple waitresses with a single smile and utterance of g'day. Deployer of cocktail recipes in desperate situations. Hacker of many a thing! If it's got code running on it, it can be hacked.
- Joff Thyer, musician, proud father, and friend to many.
- Paul Asadoorian - He is a male who is extremely charming in manner because of his gentlemanly behavior. He has good looks and thinks that women are better than men. He also has a high pain tolerance and likes it kinky.
- ITPro.TV courses include Cybersecurity Analyst+, CCNA Cyber Ops, ITIL Operational Support and Analysis, Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking v9. ITProTV is introducing a new membership level soon. All current Premium Members will be granted the highest membership level available, so sign up today! Visit itpro.tv/securityweekly and use code SW30.
- InfoSecWorld - Your 10% off discount code to promote to your members is OS17-SW. This will give them 10% off the main conference or the World Pass.
- 2017 SOURCE Boston Proposal - Code SECURITYWEEKLY for $100 off either a conference ticket or one of the trainings. The early bird prices are currently in effect, but they can get an additional discount by using your code.
- Charity Event Shaves that Save at the RSA Conference 6:00 pm - 8:00pm PT on Wednesday, Feb 15, 2017 At the RSA Conference Moscone Center South, Gateway Ballroom / Viewing Room To register / more details: https://www.stbaldricks.org/events/infosecshaves2017
Interview: Chris Kubecka, HypaSec - 6:00PM-7:00PM
Chris Kubecka is an experienced, committed, energetic, and certified IT security expert who is passionate about finding solutions. She has 21 years of relevant, professional experience, ranging from military, government, public, and private businesses. Recently, Chris set up the IT security unit and program for the EMEA Saudi Aramco affiliate, a world-class security and network operations center. Chris is a member of the Executive Steering Committee with the Cyber Senate. She has chaired, presented and authored at leading industry conferences.
Tech Segment: Jeff's HP Adventures - 7:00PM-7:30PM
Our very own Jeff Man recently made a pilgrimage to Hewlett Packard's headquarters in Palo Alto, California. He documents his journey, experience at HP, and more.
Security News - 7:30-8:30PM
- Four lesser-known Wi-Fi security threats and how to defend against them
- Security Training 101: Stop Blaming The User
- Default Credentials Found in Schneider Electric Wonderware Historian
- Malicious SMS Messages Can Wipe A Galaxy
- Trump Is Tweeting From A Hackable Android - What Can Go Wrong?
- Facebook Embraces U2F to Improve User Login Security
- 5 top IoT security nightmares
- Bill Calls for Study of Cybersecurity Standards for Cars
- 7 (more) security TED Talks you cant miss
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
- Could the end of net neutrality mean the demise of IoT?
- ASUS made a beefed-up Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- How To Save an Old Laptop By Installing This Free OS