(15 Seconds of silence)
(Play FiT stinger)
(Record the Welcome Intro)
Theme Music, Episode 74 for June 28th, 2007
This episode is also sponsored by Core Security Technologies, helping you penetrate your network. They QA the exploits so you dont have to! Listen to this podcast and qualify to receive a 10% discount on Core Impact, worlds best penetration testing tool.
This podcast is also sponsored by Tenable network security. Tenable is a developer of enterprise vulnerability, compliance and log management software, but most notibly the creators of Nessus, the worlds best vulnerability scanner. Tenable Security Center software extends the power of Nessus through reporting, remediation workflow, IDS event correlation and much more. Tenable also offers a Direct Feed subscription for immediate access to new Nessus plugins, and compliance checks” Tenable – Unified Security Monitoring!
"Welcome to Security Weekly, Episode 74 for June 28th, 2007"
From the Security Weekly Security Weekly Studio.
This is Security Weekly I am your host Paul Asadoorian, and I am your co-host Larry Pesce, as well as our new co-host, Andy! Oh yeah, who can forget Twitchy! Mr. Joe C., had better get back here!
- We have a deal with SANS! If you register for a SANS conference use http://securityweekly.com/sans/. It helps us buy more cool t-shirts and stickers to give to you!
- Listen to the question at the end of each show, then go to the Security Weekly blog and be the first to post the CORRECT answer to the comments section For THIS podcast recieve a free copy of any in-stock book on the Syngress web site!
- Core IMPACT update: *for new impact users only*
- Larry is teaching some SANS Staysharp (STAR) courses this summer in N. Kingstown RI. Book both and save 10%!
Security 450: Defeating Rogue Access Points Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 8:30am-11:30pm http://www.sans.org/staysharp/details.php?id=5041
Security 550: Google Hacking and Defense Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 8:30am-11:30pm http://www.sans.org/staysharp/details.php?id=5346
- Join the IRC chatroom, fun had by all!
- Book! Go get the sample chapter and go ORDER at Amazon! Contest - first person to send us a picture of themselves to email@example.com with thier copy (eiter home or office copy :-) ) of Ultimate WRT54G Hacking can win a t-shirt, Beer mug, autographed copy of Network Security Hacks, and Using Wireshark Ethereal! We have a winner - Dave! Please send us your pics anyways, we'd love to start a gallery - and we have a new contest! Send your pics to firstname.lastname@example.org of you with your book (maybe even doing something cool, or in a cool location (Linksys Corporate offices?), and we'll pick the best one. If Paul and Larry can't agree we'll draw at random - you get to win one (winners choice) WRT54GL or WRTSL54GS! Only bought the PDF? Put the cover on your screen, or print out the cover page and include it in your picture.
- Trying to set up a book signing at SANSFIRE in Washington DC on July 27...more info as we know more.
- Teasers on some possible upcoming tech segments: iWar, Suru (HTTP Fuzzer), and Uhooker (are you calling me a hooker?), and Security implications of 802.11n.
[SWEEPERS] Tech segments
Episode74 Show Notes
[Syngress Question of the Week]
[Sensepost Word of the Week]
The SensePost African word of the week is "Ubuntu", which is also the name of a popular Linux distribution that is built in South Africa. The word Ubuntu is actually a Zulu word meaning “humanness. Mail (where?) this word, along with proof of enrollment to any 'Hacking By Numbers' course at Black, Hat Las Vegas and receive a free software license for any SensePost hacking tool worth $ 200. Visit www.sensepost.com/training for more information.
Core discount code impactbsg
- Frappr, iTunes comments, Cafepress, FiT Forums, IRC Channel
Thank you for listening, email@example.com, http://securityweekly.com Phone number Security Weekly Security Weekly, PO Box 860, Greenville RI, 02828