- 1 Featured Interview/Opening Discussion
- 2 Interview: Ron Gula, Tenable
- 3 Startup Stories
- 4 Startup & Security Notes of Interest
- 5 The Startup Journey: Updates
Featured Interview/Opening Discussion
ITPro.TV Announcement: "Upcoming courses include Cybersecurity Analyst+, CCNA Cyber Ops, ITIL Operational Support and Analysis, Penetration testing, Networking+, Ethical Hacking v9. ITProTV is introducing a new membership level soon. All current Premium Members will be granted the highest membership level available, so sign up today! Visit itpro.tv/startupsecurity and use code SS30."
- InfoSecWorld - Your 10% off discount code to promote to your members is OS17-SW. This will give them 10% off the main conference or the World Pass.
- 2017 SOURCE Boston Proposal - Code SECURITYWEEKLY for $100 off either a conference ticket or one of the trainings. The early bird prices are currently in effect, but they can get an additional discount by using your code.
- Charity Event
Shaves that Save at the RSA Conference 6:00 pm - 8:00pm PT on Wednesday, Feb 15, 2017 At: RSA Conference Moscone Center South, Gateway Ballroom / Viewing Room 747 Howard St. , San Francisco, CA US To register / more details: https://www.stbaldricks.org/events/infosecshaves2017
Interview: Ron Gula, Tenable
Serial Cyber Security Entrepreneur. Founded Tenable Network Security and Network Security Wizards. 15+ years experience as CEO in cyber security industry.
- What is unique about running a security startup?
- How about moving from a services/consulting company to a product company?
- What are some unique things investors are interested in when talking to security startups?
- Where are the best opportunities in the market for security startups?
- What advice do you have for those who may have an idea and want to create a security startup?
- What are some of the most exciting security startups in the industry right now and why?
- What advice do you have for enterprises looking at solution and considering (or not) a solution for a security startup?
- VCs Want to See Product-Market Fit: Here's How to Prove It ==> With lower funding, entrepreneurs who want a slice of the (shrunken pie) must prove to VCs that they’re worth the dough.
- Meaningful VC Exits ==> Can your startup generate venture-scale returns?
- Building a Startup Accelerator at a Large Company: Lessons from Target ==>
- 4 Key Insights from Analyzing 5,000+ Cap Tables ==>
- 9 Ways to Further Distance Your Business From a Cyber Attack ==> horrible list; this is why we do what we do. And why we need to create some specials. Maybe even a few panel discussions.
- OPAQ Networks Debuts with New Funding and Cloud Security Model
- 11 Free Tools and Services That Every First-Time Entrepreneur Should Use
- Timekit wants to make it easy to build your own online booking system
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
Kudelski Security Acquires M&S Technologies
- M&S is a provider of cyber and network security solutions for commercial and government sectors.
- Kudelski provides digital security and convergent media solutions.
The Startup Journey: Updates
- Big leap this week!
- Introducing "Straight Talk: Simple" - and a "simple start" for teams
- Individuals are unique; teams are, too. I figured out how to create unique, parallel paths for individuals within the context of teams
- Launching teams now - and the first few are really getting after it. I'll update results soon
- Looking for conversations
What I published recently
- Using threat modeling to prove security success Archie Agarwal shares experience and insights on how to move threat modeling from a confusing exercise to a powerful tool for security leaders