SANS Las Vegas from October 26-27th will debut a new course titled "Embedded Device Security Assessments for the Rest of Us" which will teach students how to assess embedded systems of all varieties on pen tests and in your duties as a security professional. Register Here
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 342 for Thursday August 22nd, 2013
- We've released a book on Offensive Countermeasures! Visit tinyurl.com/OCM-Amazon to add this to your summer reading list.
- We are looking for sponsors for our September webcast. Contact mike -at- hacknaked.tv for details!
- The Stogie Geeks Show! - Kick some ash with the Stogie Geeks, Thursday nights at 9:00PM EST. Come have a cigar with us! If you are in the Rhode Island area please visit our sponsor the Havana Cigar Club, its an awesome place to have a drink! Make sure you print out your $5.00 off coupon here!
Interview: Phil "Main Framed" Young
Philip Young, aka Soldier of Fortran, is a mainframe phreak! His love of mainframes goes back to when he watched Tron, wide eyed, for the first time. Though it would be decades until he actually got his hands on one he was always interested in their strangeness. Phil has always been in to security since his days as a sysop and playing around on Datapac (the Telenet of Canada). Some people build toy trains, others model airplanes, but Phil's hobby is mainframe security.
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be our weapon of choice?
- In a game of ass grabby-grabby do you prefer to go first or second?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- Stranded on a desert island, which tablet would you bring with you if you could choose only one: Android, iPad or Surface?