- 1 Link to Paul's Presentation: "Security Assessment Trends"
- 2 Audit/Penetration Testing Permission Slips
- 3 Nmap Speed Blog posting
- 4 xsltproc Windows Port *NOT TESTED*
- 5 UMIT Instructions & Tips
- 6 Nmap Documentation
- 7 The Unofficial Nmap Book
- 8 Current Nmap Parser Example
- 9 Grep'ing the Nessus Plugins Directory
- 10 Nmap & Nessus Integration
- 11 Finding Wireless APs with Nessus Whitepaper
Link to Paul's Presentation: "Security Assessment Trends"
Audit/Penetration Testing Permission Slips
SANS Audit Policy - This one is from SANS and covers you as an employee of your organization, giving you permission to audit internal resources.
Pen Test Permission Slip - This one is from www.professionalsecuritytesters.org, a fantastic web site, and is geared towards the external penetration tester.
Nmap Speed Blog posting
xsltproc Windows Port *NOT TESTED*
UMIT Instructions & Tips
The Unofficial Nmap Book
Current Nmap Parser Example
Grep'ing the Nessus Plugins Directory
Normal grep does not work:
- grep RPC *
bash: /bin/grep: Argument list too long
Argument lists have a maximum value, depending on which version of UNIX/Linux:
- getconf ARG_MAX
To grep long lists of files:
find . -name '*.nasl' -print0 | xargs -0 grep RPC
Memory allocation reference: