- 1 Application Security Weekly Episode #111 - June 15, 2020
- 2 1. Interview - Data Mapping & Data Value Journey - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
- 3 2. News - CallStranger, SMBleedingGhost, & Misconfigured Kubeflow - 01:00 PM-01:30 PM
Application Security Weekly Episode #111 - June 15, 2020
Subscribe to all of our shows and mailing list by visiting: https://securityweekly.com/subscribe
1. Interview - Data Mapping & Data Value Journey - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
- Join the Security Weekly Mailing List & receive your invite to our community Discord server by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list!
- Learn how to prevent account takeover attacks in our next June webcast with Google Cloud! In our first July webcast, you will learn how to stitch and enrich flow data for security with VIAVI Solutions! Register for our upcoming webcasts or virtual trainings by visiting securityweekly.com/webcasts. Or visit securityweekly.com/ondemand to view our previously recorded webcasts!
Data management can transform a company. This digital transformation is about more than changing the way users relate to their data. It is about revolutionizing how we work with and think about data.
Michelle Dennedy is Chief Executive Officer at DrumWave
Michelle Finneran Dennedy, Drumwave CEO Michelle Finneran Dennedy currently serves as Chief Executive Officer at DrumWave. She has a passion for developing software for business people, data scientists, analysts, students, all kinds of surfers - and you. She is the co-author of The Privacy Engineer’s Manifesto and the Privacy Engineer’s Companion. Before working at Drumwave, Michelle was a VP and Chief Privacy Officer at Cisco. She was responsible for the development and implementation of the organization's data privacy policies and practices, working across business groups to drive data privacy excellence across the security continuum.
John Kinsella - Vice President of Container Security at Qualys Matt Alderman - CEO at Security Weekly Mike Shema - Product Security Lead at Square
2. News - CallStranger, SMBleedingGhost, & Misconfigured Kubeflow - 01:00 PM-01:30 PM
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - June 22nd-24th now a fully virtual event! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code!
- We are looking for high-quality guest suggestions for all of our podcasts to fill our Q3 recording schedule! Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
CallStranger hits the horror trope where the call is coming from inside the house, SMBleedingGhost Writeup expands on prior SMB flaws that exposed kernel memory, Misconfigured Kubeflow workloads are a security risk, Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report, and more!
John Kinsella's Content:
Matt Alderman's Content:
Mike Shema's Content:
- CallStranger hits the horror trope where the call is coming from inside the house!
- SMBleedingGhost Writeup expands on prior SMB flaws that exposed kernel memory.
- Misconfigured Kubeflow workloads are a security risk, which isn't really surprising, and recent attacks have attracted all the buzzwords.
- Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report was released a few weeks ago, but it's always worth reading.
- Review, Review, Review or, in other words, remember the feedback and analysis cycle in whatever form your DevSecOps approach takes.
- DevSecCon24 is streaming for free today. Many of our past guests will be speaking and on panels. Check it out!