From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Recorded February 3, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Topic: Scaling an AppSec Program
AppSec Cali presentation from Clint Gilber, An Opinionated Guide to Scaling Your Company's Security
- TL;DR Sec has more of Clint's collection of security references
Flaws, Breaches, & Threats
- Xbox Bounty Program unlocks achievements for security researchers.
- Magento 2.3.4 Patches Critical Code Execution Vulnerabilities that include deserialization and path traversal.
- Remote Cloud Execution – Critical Vulnerabilities in Azure Cloud Infrastructure covers SSRF and part two covers RCE in the Azure Stack.
- RCE in OpenSMTPD library impacts BSD and Linux distros that sneaks shell commands into an invalid local part of an address.
Cloud, Code & Controls
Learning & Tools
Food for Thought
- Fintechs divided on screen scraping ban
- Zero trust architecture design principles from the UK National Cyber Security Center.