Recorded February 17, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Doug DePerry, Datadog, Signal Sciences
Doug DePerry has held multiple positions in his three years at Datadog, including Director of Product Security and currently, Director of Defense. Prior to his current position, Doug lead the bug bounty program at Yahoo. Much of his 12+ years of experience in the security industry is on the offensive side, as a security researcher and consultant at Leaf SR and iSec Partners and helping establish the Yahoo red team. Prior to that he worked for various defense contractors and the US Army. Doug has presented at multiple industry conferences including Blackhat, DefCon, and multiple OWASP and DevSecCon events.
Flaws, Breaches & Threats
Cloud, Code & Controls
Learning & Tools
- Understanding Trusted Execution Environments and Arm TrustZone
- Security Researchers Partner With Chrome To Take Down Browser Extension Fraud Network Affecting Millions of Users with a revisit to CRXcavator and a look at one of its components, RetireJS
Food for Thought
- It’s the Boot for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 and it's only been about six to nine years since major protocol attacks were demonstrated. How does your organization manage tech debt?
- What Is DevSecOps and How to Enable It on Your SDLC?