Recorded May 6, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Register for our upcoming webcasts with ObserveIT & Kaseya by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- Security Weekly is returning to Vegas this August for BlackHat and DefCon! If you would like to request a briefing or sponsor an interview on-site at BlackHat, please go to securityweekly.com/booking and submit your request!
- Some of you told us that you are overwhelmed by the amount of content we distribute! In an attempt to make it a little easier for you to find what you’re interested in, we’ve created our new listener interest list! Sign up for list and select your interests by visiting: securityweekly.com/subscribe\ and clicking the button to join the list! You can also now submit your suggestions for guests in our recently released guest suggestion form! Go to securityweekly.com/guests and enter your suggestions!
- Attending KubeCon and CloudNativeCon Europe 2019 in Barcelona May 20-23, 2019? Join your peers at the Cloud-Native Transformation Summit 2019 hosted by Sysdig on May 20th. Our very own Matt Alderman will be emceeing the event. Pre-registration is required. You can add it on during your KubeCon + CloudNativeCon registration.
Interview: Sven Morgenroth, Netsparker
Sven Morgenroth is a security researcher at Netsparker. He found filter bypasses for Chrome's XSS auditor and several web application firewalls. He likes to exploit vulnerabilities in creative ways and has hacked his smart TV without even leaving his bed. Sven writes about web application security and documents his research on the Netsparker blog.
Bugs, Breaches, and More!
- Firefox gives more scrutiny to add-ons
- but Firefox also forgot to give more scrutiny to a cert
- Path traversals trampled by ramsonware
- Ransomware tries to branch out
If you build it, they will come
Learning & Tools
Food for Thought