From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded June 25, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcast with Zane Lackey of Signal Sciences, Ian McShane from Endgame, or Stephen Smith and Jeff Braucher of LogRhythm (or all 3!) by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- So many of the big East Coast cybersecurity tradeshows take place in crowded cities like Boston and New York, where parking is a nightmare and will cost you an arm and a leg. However, this year's Compass Cybersecurity Symposium is being held at Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI, just 15 minutes outside of Providence! The venue has plenty of free and easy parking. Speakers include social engineering expert Chris Hadnagy and Security Weekly podcast founder Paul Asadoorian. Use the discount code "SW2019" to save $20 on registration!
- Security Weekly will be at Hacker Halted in Atlanta, GA this October 10th-11th! EC-Council is offering our listeners a $100 discount to attend the two day conference. Use discount code HH19SW when you register or go to securityweekly.com/hackerhalted and register there! Make sure you checkout the keynote (Paul Asadoorian) and Mr. Jeff Man's talk as well!
- Have you been trying your hardest to get a ticket to DerbyCon FinishLine?! We know that tickets sold out almost immediately, as they do almost every year, and we have an exciting announcement: Security Weekly is giving away 7 tickets to DerbyCon! Here's what you need to do - subscribe to the Security Weekly YouTube channel and send an email to email@example.com with either a written or video testimonial about what Security Weekly means to you! That's it, it's really that simple! First 7 people to complete this will receive a ticket to DerbyCon! You will also be invited to participate in our Security Weekly DerbyCon interview series that Sam and Mark will be running at the conference!
Topic: Ignore APIs at your peril!
API are now over 80% of the HTTP traffic and enterprise application breaches through compromised APIs are mounting!. A guide to API Security.
Bugs, Breaches, and More!
- Mozilla pushes a patch onto an Array
- Netflix shares a stream of patches. Check out Redhat's explanation as well.
- Breach to bankruptcy for healthcare company
If you build it, they will come
Learning & Tools
Food for Thought