From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded July 22, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcast with Stephen Smith and Jeff Braucher of LogRhythm by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- So many of the big East Coast cybersecurity tradeshows take place in crowded cities like Boston and New York, where parking is a nightmare and will cost you an arm and a leg. However, this year's Compass Cybersecurity Symposium is being held at Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI, just 15 minutes outside of Providence! The venue has plenty of free and easy parking. Speakers include social engineering expert Chris Hadnagy and Security Weekly podcast founder Paul Asadoorian. Use the discount code "SW2019" to save $20 on registration!
- Security Weekly will be at Hacker Halted in Atlanta, GA this October 10th-11th! EC-Council is offering our listeners a $100 discount to attend the two day conference. Use discount code HH19SW when you register or go to securityweekly.com/hackerhalted and register there! Make sure you checkout the keynote (Paul Asadoorian) and Mr. Jeff Man's talk as well!
- We need your help in a survey we are running for research purposes for an upcoming webcast. How mature is your process automation for your various security capabilities? Please visit securityweekly.com/fivestagesofautomationmaturity to submit your responses to our 5 Stages of Automation Maturity Survey! We'll share the results in a webcast in November!
Interview: Ian Eyberg, NanoVMs (HackerHalted Speaker)
Securing Application Deployment with Unikernels
Unikernels are an emerging trend in software deployment because of their isolation, performance and size. However they are still very much new so it's good to learn what benefits they bring and what their current drawbacks are. Listeners might be surprised to learn how many unikernel implementations there are and what organizations are actively using them.
Bugs, Breaches, and More!
- SupPy Chain Malware - Detecting malware in package manager repositories
- Attacking SSL VPN - Part 1: PreAuth RCE on Palo Alto GlobalProtect, with Uber as Case Study!
If you build it, they will come
Learning & Tools
- How I Could Have Hacked Any Instagram Account
- Tracking Anonymized Bluetooth Devices and Bluetooth Bug Enables Tracking on Windows 10, iOS & macOS Devices
Food for Thought
- 2019 Global Developer Report: DevSecOps finds security roadblocks divide teams and GitLab Survey Surfaces Major DevSecOps Challenges Ahead