From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded September 16, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Jay Durga, CIRCOR International
The OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) Project provides a basis for testing web application technical security controls and also provides developers with a list of requirements for secure development. The excel tool Jay Durga developed can be used to measure metric or as a guidance document for testing effectiveness of security controls put in place in your SDLC and DevOps process.
The excel tool can be downloaded from this GitHub page:
Bugs, Breaches, and More!
- Simjacker – Next Generation Spying Over Mobile
- Intel CPUs Vulnerable to Sensitive Data Leakage in NetCAT Attack and NetCAT: Practical Cache Attacks from the Network
If you build it, they will come
Learning & Tools
Food for Thought
- What is PSD2? And how it will impact the payments processing industry
- Better Together: Why Software-Development Toolmakers Should Embrace Integration