- 1 Application Security Weekly Episode #117 - August 03, 2020
- 2 1. SWVHSC: How Does Sec Live In A DevOps World? - 07:00 PM-07:30 PM
- 3 2. SWVHSC: Amazon GuardDuty, Sandboxing & Workload Isolation, & No More SHA-1 - 07:30 PM-08:00 PM
Application Security Weekly Episode #117 - August 03, 2020
Subscribe to all of our shows and mailing list by visiting: https://securityweekly.com/subscribe
1. SWVHSC: How Does Sec Live In A DevOps World? - 07:00 PM-07:30 PM
Visit https://securityweekly.com/webcasts to see what we have coming up! Learn about Rapid7’s Findings from the National Internet Cloud Exposure Report on August 13th and How to Create and Run a Conference, from the geniuses behind Layer8 Conference and Wild West Hackin Fest on August 19th! Our next technical training on August 27th will teach you about BootHole, SIGRed and SMBleed…Best Practices To Prioritize And Remediate Now! Or visit securityweekly.com/ondemand to view our previously recorded webcasts!
As you go full DevSecOps, where does that leave security operations? Who makes changes that are required? How do you empower (or deputize) app folks or ops folks (DevOps) to make those operational changes? What kind of tooling is going to meet the need for that requirement?
DisruptOps puts the concepts into action, empowering developers and ops folks to make the needed security changes quickly, consistently and within the tools they use for their daily tasks.
Try it out free of charge and experience the future of security operations. Visit https://disruptops.com/free-evaluation/
Mike Rothman is President at DisruptOps
Mike is a 25-year security veteran, specializing in the sexy aspects of security, such as; protecting networks, protecting endpoints, security management, compliance, and helping clients navigate a secure evolution in their path to full cloud adoption. In addition to his role at DisruptOps, Mike is an Analyst & President of Securosis.
John Kinsella - Vice President of Container Security at Qualys Matt Alderman - CEO at Security Weekly Mike Shema - Product Security Lead at Square
2. SWVHSC: Amazon GuardDuty, Sandboxing & Workload Isolation, & No More SHA-1 - 07:30 PM-08:00 PM
Join the Security Weekly Mailing List for webcast/virtual training announcements and to receive your personal invite to our Discord server by visiting https://securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list!
Do you have a specific guest or topic that you want us to cover on one of the shows? Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting https://securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
Using Amazon GuardDuty to Protect Your S3, OkCupid Security Flaw Threatens Intimate Dater Details, Florida teen charged as “mastermind” in Twitter hack hitting Biden, Bezos, and others, Sandboxing and Workload Isolation, and Microsoft to remove all SHA-1 Windows downloads next week!
John Kinsella's Content:
Matt Alderman's Content:
- Using Amazon GuardDuty to Protect Your S3 Buckets
- Announcing the New AWS Community Builders Program!
Mike Shema's Content:
- There's a hole in the boot that breaks the root of trust needed by systems to attest to their integrity.
- OkCupid Security Flaw Threatens Intimate Dater Details is a story about XSS meets mobile, mobile meets Same Origin Policy, accounts meet threat models.
- Florida teen charged as “mastermind” in Twitter hack hitting Biden, Bezos, and others, which we only revisit to highlight that threat modeling should focus on the "what" and "how" rather than "who" might attack a system.
- Sandboxing and Workload Isolation talks through a brief history of protecting workloads and what effective modern techniques are evolving to.
- Microsoft to remove all SHA-1 Windows downloads next week, which is either small news for the prepared or a surprise for the supply chain stragglers.