Recorded May 13, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Register for our upcoming webcasts with Kaseya & SaltStack by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- Security Weekly is returning to Vegas this August for BlackHat and DefCon! If you would like to request a briefing or sponsor an interview on-site at BlackHat, please go to securityweekly.com/booking and submit your request!
- Some of you told us that you are overwhelmed by the amount of content we distribute! In an attempt to make it a little easier for you to find what you’re interested in, we’ve created our new listener interest list! Sign up for list and select your interests by visiting: securityweekly.com/subscribe\ and clicking the button to join the list! You can also now submit your suggestions for guests in our recently released guest suggestion form! Go to securityweekly.com/guests and enter your suggestions!
- Attending KubeCon and CloudNativeCon Europe 2019 in Barcelona May 20-23, 2019? Join your peers at the Cloud-Native Transformation Summit 2019 hosted by Sysdig on May 20th. Our very own Matt Alderman will be emceeing the event. Pre-registration is required. You can add it on during your KubeCon + CloudNativeCon registration.
Interview: Jon Fredrickson, BCBSRI
Jon Fredrickson is Managing Director of Information Assurance and Information Security Officer for Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island. He graduated from the University of Rhode Island with a B. A. in Economics. Prior to joining BCBSRI, Jon was the CISO of Southcoast Health and has had various other IT Security positions in healthcare, services & manufacturing. During the past 12 years of working in the IT security field, Jon has developed a pragmatic approach to implementing cyber security solutions and assisting his organizations in properly measuring and managing cyber risk. Jon is a member of the Association for Executives in Healthcare Information Security, the Healthcare Sector Coordinating Council (HSCC) Cybersecurity Working Group (CWG), and is a Certified Information Security Manager.
Topic: CISO Interview
- Transformational leadership style inspires 'moonshot goals'
- How to Deal With Information Overload
- Dealing With Burnout: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Appreciate Life
- The surprising secret of success: it’s not about winning
- Becoming the Best: Excellent Customer Service Always Wins
- Companies rethink vendor relationships with shift to digital