From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded May 20, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Ferruh Mavituna, Netsparker
- How do you discover all of the applications that you have, and more importantly what do you do once you've found them?
- From a discovery and scanning perspective, how do you handle in-house written applications vs. ones that you acquire?
- Prioritization, getting everything in one place, discovering what you have. It's quite common practice companies only focus on top 20% of critical apps and kind of ignore the rest.
- How much more to discover and how to automate after discovery?
- https://hbr.org/tip/2019/05/dont-let-your-expertise-narrow-your-perspective (adapted from)