From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded July 1, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcasts by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- We need your help in a survey we are running for research purposes for an upcoming webcast. How mature is your process automation for your various security capabilities? Please visit securityweekly.com/fivestagesofautomationmaturity to submit your responses to our 5 Stages of Automation Maturity Survey! We'll share the results in a webcast in November!
Interview: Edna Conway, CISCO
Topic: Security Challenges in the Global Value Chain.
- Mastercard CTO reveals must-have executive leadership traits, including:
- Good Judgement, especially with technology decisions
- Developing Great Talent
- Baldheaded Leadership - Baldheaded leadership is genuine and trust-building; courageous and transparent; not the flashy bravado that creates employee stories of heroism; and the reliable basic bond that makes employees feel confident, even gallant.
- The Next Three Cultural Dimensions Almost Every Organization Should Evolve, including:
- Intuitive, exploratory behaviors aimed at getting it right vaguely right fast and iterating (speed)
- More informal, verbal, personalized, open communication (boundarylessness)
- Broaden definition of doing good for others to include the entire human race (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- 10 Presentation Ideas That Will Radically Improve Your Presentation Skills, including:
- Save the best for last (and first)
- Change Modalities
- Create Interactivity
- Get a public speaking role model
- Get Creative with Color
- Fonts Matter
- Get an App
- Vocal Variety
- Work the Stage
- End with an exhale
- Want More From Generation Z? Mentor, Don't Manage Them
- 7 tech skills managers hunt for, including:
- Cloud security
- Cloud computing
- Cloud architecture
- Business intelligence and reporting services
- Database management
- Virtualization, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation, DevOps (three-way tie)