Recorded July 1, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Edna Conway, CISCO
Edna Conway currently serves as Cisco’s Chief Security Officer, Global Value Chain, creating clear strategies to deliver secure operating models for the digital economy. She has built new organizations delivering cyber security, compliance, risk management, sustainability and value chain transformation. She drives a comprehensive security architecture across Cisco’s third-party ecosystem. Conway is recognized domestically (US Presidential Commissions) and globally (NATO) as the developer of architectures delivering value chain security, sustainability and resiliency. She was recently appointed to the Executive Committee of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Information and Communications Technology Supply Chain Risk Management Task Force. Her insight is featured in a range of publications, analyst reports, and case studies, including Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, Washington Post, CIO Magazine and the Wall Street Journal. Acknowledgement of her industry leadership includes membership in the Fortune Most Powerful Women community, and awards including: Fed 100 Award, Stevie Maverick of the Year Award, CSO of the Year Award at RSA, Connected World Magazine Machine to Machine and IOT Trailblazer Award, SC Media Reboot Leadership Award, New Hampshire TechProfessional of the Year 2018 Award and Barnard College/Columbia University Distinguished Alumna Award 2019. Conway serves or has served on the company’s Cyber-Security Board, Risk and Resiliency Operating Committee, Global Compliance Governance Committee and Eco Board. She also serves as an independent advisor on the Executive Advisory Boards of ADP, LLC ( ADP – Nasdaq), privately held SecurityScorecard, Black Duck Software (acquired by SNPS - Nasdaq), Edge Velocity, Axonius, InfoSec Global, Logik Systems, Inc. dba Logikcull.com, and Dust Identity, Inc. In addition, she serves on the Security Advisory Board of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ leading technology industry organization, MassTLC, and on the Board of Directors for the International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals. Her work has been featured in a range of publications, analyst reports, and case studies some of which are referenced in her LinkedIn profile. Her discussions on key issues can be found on Conway’s Blog.
Topic: Security Challenges in the Global Value Chain.
- Mastercard CTO reveals must-have executive leadership traits, including:
- Good Judgement, especially with technology decisions
- Developing Great Talent
- Baldheaded Leadership - Baldheaded leadership is genuine and trust-building; courageous and transparent; not the flashy bravado that creates employee stories of heroism; and the reliable basic bond that makes employees feel confident, even gallant.
- The Next Three Cultural Dimensions Almost Every Organization Should Evolve, including:
- Intuitive, exploratory behaviors aimed at getting it right vaguely right fast and iterating (speed)
- More informal, verbal, personalized, open communication (boundarylessness)
- Broaden definition of doing good for others to include the entire human race (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- 10 Presentation Ideas That Will Radically Improve Your Presentation Skills, including:
- Save the best for last (and first)
- Change Modalities
- Create Interactivity
- Get a public speaking role model
- Get Creative with Color
- Fonts Matter
- Get an App
- Vocal Variety
- Work the Stage
- End with an exhale
- Want More From Generation Z? Mentor, Don't Manage Them
- 7 tech skills managers hunt for, including:
- Cloud security
- Cloud computing
- Cloud architecture
- Business intelligence and reporting services
- Database management
- Virtualization, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation, DevOps (three-way tie)