From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded July 1, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Edna Conway, CISCO
Topic: Security Challenges in the Global Value Chain.
- Mastercard CTO reveals must-have executive leadership traits, including:
- Good Judgement, especially with technology decisions
- Developing Great Talent
- Baldheaded Leadership - Baldheaded leadership is genuine and trust-building; courageous and transparent; not the flashy bravado that creates employee stories of heroism; and the reliable basic bond that makes employees feel confident, even gallant.
- The Next Three Cultural Dimensions Almost Every Organization Should Evolve, including:
- Intuitive, exploratory behaviors aimed at getting it right vaguely right fast and iterating (speed)
- More informal, verbal, personalized, open communication (boundarylessness)
- Broaden definition of doing good for others to include the entire human race (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- 10 Presentation Ideas That Will Radically Improve Your Presentation Skills, including:
- Save the best for last (and first)
- Change Modalities
- Create Interactivity
- Get a public speaking role model
- Get Creative with Color
- Fonts Matter
- Get an App
- Vocal Variety
- Work the Stage
- End with an exhale
- Want More From Generation Z? Mentor, Don't Manage Them
- 7 tech skills managers hunt for, including:
- Cloud security
- Cloud computing
- Cloud architecture
- Business intelligence and reporting services
- Database management
- Virtualization, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation, DevOps (three-way tie)