From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded July 8, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcasts by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- We need your help in a survey we are running for research purposes for an upcoming webcast. How mature is your process automation for your various security capabilities? Please visit securityweekly.com/fivestagesofautomationmaturity to submit your responses to our 5 Stages of Automation Maturity Survey! We'll share the results in a webcast in November!
Interview: Mark Brown, ANSI
Standards Connect, ANSI's subscription-based model for access to standards
ANSI is a nonprofit that supports U.S. voluntary standards and conformity assessment and protects the integrity of these processes. One way in which ANSI helps to enhance the global competitiveness of US businesses and quality of life, is to provide access to standards for companies worldwide. Some companies find Standards Connect, a subscription-based platform for standards management, to be their best solution to search, access, collaborate, and manage the standards they need.
The page ANSI includes a video that summarizes Standards Connect features and benefits, and includes a free trial.
- Science + Ben Franklin = Life Lessons - Benjamin Franklin has radically changed the world and was one of the most productive, world-changing humans to ever live. What were his secrets:
- Challenge Yourself Intellectually?
- Help Yourself By Helping Others
- Choose Your Friends Wisely
- Schedule your day
- Start Today
- How To Brand Yourself As A Leader At Your Company - Not sure how to shift your leadership brand so it showcases your strengths and tells people you can run the show? Begin by adopting strategies that amplify your existing personal brand, including:
- Explore your voice.
- Upskill yourself—and your tribe.
- Spotlight your expertise.
- Request feedback.
- A Lesson In Leadership - Put your team’s concerns ahead of yours, and by so doing, demonstrate that you're a leader worth following.
- Break Out of Your Standard Patterns of Thinking - Push yourself to be more creative by trying out new approaches to challenges.
- How to Start a Speech: The Best (and Worst) Speech Openers - Never Start a Presentation with… 1) Anything technical!, 2) , Your nervousness or 3)A lackluster or non-believable nicety. I also recommend not starting by introducing yourself. Your bio is either in the program or will be ready by someone as they introduce you. Instead, Start a Presentation with... 1) A story, 2) A BIG idea, or 3) A quirky on-liner.
- Microsoft leads SaaS market, but others grab a slice - Microsoft owns about 17% of the enterprise software as a service market, with a 34% year-over-year growth.