Recorded July 15, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcasts by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- We need your help in a survey we are running for research purposes for an upcoming webcast. How mature is your process automation for your various security capabilities? Please visit securityweekly.com/fivestagesofautomationmaturity to submit your responses to our 5 Stages of Automation Maturity Survey! We'll share the results in a webcast in November!
Interview: Eric McAlpine, Momentum Cyber
Eric is a Founder & Managing Partner at Momentum Cyber a firm he co-founded in 2018 along with Dave DeWalt and Michael Tedesco. Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted strategic advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored senior-level access from incubation to exit.
Eric is one of the top dealmakers in the Cybersecurity industry with a prolific M&A track record advising on and orchestrating deals with industry leaders such as ADT, Symantec, McAfee, Proofpoint, Mimecast, Hewlett-Packard, Acer, Amazon, CenturyLink, Google, Intel, and many more.
Prior to co-founding Momentum Cyber, Eric was Founder & Managing Partner of Momentum Partners, the precursor to Momentum Cyber. Earlier in his career, Eric served as a Managing Director with Blackstone where co-founded Blackstone’s Silicon Valley office and led the firm’s Cybersecurity advisory practice. In 2010, Eric was recognized by Steve Schwarzman with the CEO Star Award and featured along with a profile on one of his transactions in Blackstone’s 25th anniversary Annual Report for extraordinary contributions to the firm.
Eric began his Wall Street career at Salomon Smith Barney and Citi where he served as a senior member of the Enterprise Software Investment Banking team leading sector coverage in Security. Prior to a career on Wall Street, Eric served his country as a Captain in the U.S. Air Force where he was honored as the Military Engineer of the Year in 2000 for his engineering contributions to the Joint Strike Fighter Program, which included saving taxpayers $80 Million through an innovative stealth recoating design.
Eric earned an MBA with Distinction from Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management where he was a 2-year Wade Fetzer Scholar. He also earned a BS Civil Engineering from Purdue University on an Air Force ROTC Scholarship as well as his MS in Engineering Management from the University of Dayton where he was a Dayton Area Graduate Studies Institute scholar – both full ride scholarships.
Eric lives in Ross, California with his family and is an avid world traveler, die hard Cubs fan, collects vintage vinyl records, and loves art, music, wine and fine food.
Topic: Security Money
This week we have our quarterly segment to review the money of security, including public companies, IPOs, funding rounds and acquisitions from the previous quarter. We also update the Security Weekly 25 index. Let's understand how the security market is doing.
- SCWX Secureworks
- PANW Palo Alto Networks Inc
- CHKP Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
- SPLK Splunk Inc
- SYMC Symantec Corporation
- FTNT Fortinet Inc
- AKAM Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- FFIV F5 Networks, Inc.
- ZS Zscaler Inc
- PFPT Proofpoint Inc
- FEYE FireEye Inc
- QLYS Qualys Inc
- VRNT Verint Systems Inc.
- CYBR Cyberark Software Ltd
- TENB Tenable Holdings Inc
- SAIL Sailpoint Technologies Holdings Inc
- MIME Mimecast Ltd
- SOPH Sophos Group PLC
- CARB Carbonite Inc
- NTCT NetScout Systems, Inc.
- VRNS Varonis Systems Inc
- RPD Rapid7 Inc
- FSCT Forescout Technologies Inc
- RDWR Radware Ltd.
- CBLK Carbon Black Inc