From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded August 19, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Register for one of our upcoming webcasts with Bryce Shroeder and Barbara Kay of ServiceNow, Kevin O'Brien of GreatHorn, or Steve Laubenstein of Core Security (or all of them!) by going to securityweekly.com -> Click the webcast dropdown & Select Registration! If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library by selecting on-demand from the webcast drop down! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will receive 1 CPE credit per webcast!
- We're currently running our annual Listener Feedback Survey! Please visit securityweekly.com -> click the survey tab & select "2019 Listener Survey" to submit your responses!
- The new Security Weekly website is officially live! Visit securityweekly.com to check out all of our new sorting and filtering functionality! Please let us know if you find any issues or have any feedback by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul will be providing his insights & predictions in the information & cyber security space at a local (ISC)2 RI Chapter Meeting on Monday, November 18th @ Gregg's Restaurant in Providence. If you would like to join us, go to securityweekly.com/isc2ri
- 3 Traits Of Successful Entrepreneurs - These 3 character traits define a business leaders' decision-making process:
- Do you have the heart of a champion?
- Are you a genius?
- Do you have the cojones?
- MISERABLE LEADERS SPREAD MISERY - Miserable leaders spread misery everywhere they go. Enjoy leading or get out of leadership.
- 4 Ways To Gain Power And Use It For Good - Power is a dynamic present in all of our relationships and it’s one we need to properly manage to help our relationships develop to their fullest potential. Enduring Power Comes from:
- Expressing gratitude
- Telling stories that unite
- WHEN INNOVATION AND TRUST ARE AT ODDS - Manic innovation occurs when companies fail to balance growth with risk management. It relieves constraints and speeds along the innovation process while transferring or increasing risks to stakeholders. In order to see how manic innovation happens, we need to understand the process of organizational drift. This term refers to the slow and gradual evolution of the way in which the organization functions — strategy, culture, processes, governance, and so on — to attempt to reach goals that cannot be achieved through normal and legitimate means.
- 5 Reasons to Never Compromise on Punctuality - It’s actually worth it to arrive on time...
- It shows you’re committed.
- You’ll never miss anything.
- It’s something that both colleagues and supervisors appreciate.
- You’ll earn more respect.
- It’s actually better and less stressful for you too.
Interview: Jessica Johnson & Amber Pedroncelli, Global CISO Forum (HackerHalted Speaker)
Ambers experience prior to EC-Council was in Supplier Diversity and Small Business Programs. Achievements included building a stronger program at HDR and CU by increasing meaningful opportunities for the small and diverse business community, increasing the recognition of the program internally, and unifying purchasing policies.
Global CISO Forum and Hacker Halted
We'll be discussing our upcoming conferences.
hackerhalted.com and https://ciso.eccouncil.org/portfolio/global-ciso-forum-2019-atlanta-ga/
Hacker Halted is EC-Council's premier IT Security Conference held in Atlanta annually. Hacker Halted gathers 1400+ Information Security Professionals in two days of Exhibiting, Breakout Sessions, Live Hacking Demos and Keynotes!