Recorded September 9, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: David X Martin, DavidXMartin, LLC
I am passionate about helping business leaders sleep better at night – by equipping them with critical cyber risk management tools that protect their enterprises while enhancing strategic business growth. My career is grounded in managing risk – from cybersecurity to financial and operational risk. In addition to setting successful strategies as a senior executive at PwC, Citibank and AllianceBernstein, I also provide expert witness testimony in high level risk and cybersecurity cases, and work with government agencies. I enjoy writing, speaking at conferences, and teaching, as well as serving on boards of directors. I published Risk and the Smart Investor (McGraw Hill, 2010) and The Nature of Risk (Amazon, 2012), and my articles for GARP, Institutional Investor and Oliver Wyman can be viewed through DavidXMartin.com. I'm delighted to serve as a member of the Sanctions Subcommittee of the US Department of State’s Advisory Committee on International Economy Policy and as a Special Counselor to the Center for Financial Stability on emerging risks.
- Website: DavidXMartin.com
- Twitter: @DavidXMartin1
- Book: Risk and the Smart Investor
- Book: The Nature of Risk
Interview: Brian Reed, NowSecure
Brian Reed brings decades of experience in mobile, apps, security, dev and operations management including NowSecure, Good Technology, BlackBerry, ZeroFOX, BoxTone, MicroFocus and INTERSOLV working with Fortune 2000 global customers, mobile trailblazers and government agencies. With more than 25 years building innovative products and transforming business processes, Brian is a dynamic speaker and compelling storyteller who brings unique insights and global experience. Brian is a graduate of Duke University.
Mobile App Security - At Scale
Mobile app traffic now outpaces mobile web traffic, yet for many organizations mobile security drags behind web leaving businesses at risk. In fact, industry benchmarks show 85% of mobile apps have security issues and 72% have mobile privacy issues. As more organizations build mobile apps to engage with customers in delightful experiences and drive digital transformation, dev and security teams are looking for ways to ensure security and privacy are built in. The mobile app security techstack now includes tools purpose-built for mobile that automate testing and integrate into the SDLC. Let’s enable the business to deliver secure mobile apps faster.