Recorded December 16, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Martin Bally, American Axle & Manufacturing
Martin Bally is a highly- accomplished senior global information security officer with more than 20 years of experience in multiple industries. Currently, he is the Chief Information Security Officer for American Axle & Manufacturing where he is responsible for Information, cyber, and product security. Prior, Mr. Bally was the Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer for Diebold Nixdorf where was responsible for enterprise information and product security and the Chief Information Security Officer at TRW Automotive where he was responsible for the global information security program. He is a trusted advisor to the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership. Before joining TRW, Mr. Bally was the Director of Cloud and Security Services for The Dolan Company, where he successfully developed a private cloud solution to service legal and financial institutions. He also provided information security consulting services for legal firms throughout the U.S. Also, Mr. Bally spent more than 12 years at Chrysler, where he led security initiatives for the Jeep division. Mr. Bally earned a Master’s of Science in Information Assurance from Norwich University and holds CISSP, CISM, C|CISO, and CRISC security certifications.
Securing the OT
- Why Crowdsourcing Often Leads to Bad Ideas - Crowdsourcing is fast emerging as a mainstream innovation channel for companies. However, most crowdsourcing initiatives end up with an overwhelming amount of useless ideas. The key to harnessing innovative potential of crowdsourcing is not motivating everyone and getting the largest possible number of ideas, but designing an incentive structure that attracts the right people.
- Transforming operations for successful cloud adoption - Still considering making the move to the cloud? Here are best practices and cloud-centric processes CIOs should follow to enable a successful cloud implementation:
- Form a cloud team with clearly designated roles and skillsets
- Standardize cloud policies
- Institute proper governance
- Form a cloud concierge
- Leverage architecture standardization
- Create a FinOps team for driving cost savings strategies
- Do You Need Charisma to Be a Great Public Speaker? - No, but you need presence... Presence is simply the ability to be fully present with the people in the room and the message you are delivering to them.
- 4 Steps to Communicate Anything Clearly, According to a Scientist Who Teaches Quantum Physics to Kids - Physicist Dominic Walliman shares four communication principles he follows to clearly communicate the dense topics, even to dense kids:
- Start by meeting your audience where they're at
- Don't lose the plot
- Go for clarity over accuracy
- Explain why you're so passionate about your topic
- 20 Tools for More Productive Email - Let's take a look at some of the best email apps and services to see if they can help Paul...
- Fight the skills gap with a great upskilling and reskilling strategy - If your organization is facing a serious talent shortage, take matters into your own hands with upskilling and reskilling.
- Upskilling is the process of providing employees with new skills to do their existing job more effectively.
- Reskilling is the process of providing employees with new skills so that they can perform a different job.