From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded February 3, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: David Starobinski, Boston University
Segment Topic: Network Communications in the World of IoT
- Tech Isn't the Problem or Solution for Better Productivity. Instead, Look to Your Own Leadership - Technology has allowed us to be always connected, and it's often viewed as the core issue. In the future of work, however, tech isn't the enemy. Work expectations continuously evolve; as leaders, we must be aware of the traits that are driving changes in how teams perform at their highest levels, including these two:
- The need for psychological safety
- Leading by example
- 9 Quotes By NBA Legend Kobe Bryant That Might Impact Our Lives Forever - Kobe's keys to success, happiness, and finding balance:
- Don’t Accept Failure
- Success Demands Sacrifice
- Every Situation Presents an Opportunity
- Inspire People to Become Better
- Half-Hearted Work Won’t Pay Off
- Practice Self-Reflection Purposefully
- Family is Everything
- Being Lazy Comes With a Cost
- Learn From the Best
- Research: How to Build Trust with Business Partners from Other Cultures - Trust is the social glue that holds business relationships together. But, how do managers decide whether to trust a potential partner outside of their business? And how does culture influence this decision-making process? Here's a regional Summary:
- North American and European Cultures: Openness
- East Asian Cultures: Competency
- Middle Eastern and South Asian Cultures: Respect
- Latin American Cultures: Similar Values
- Discover focusing on efficiency, brings in new CIO - As CIO, Amir Arooni will join a company in the process of streamlining business capabilities, targeting efficiency.
- CTO interview: Juan Villamil discusses changing IT culture - Juan Villamil has worked at the Department for Work and Pensions for nearly five years. As he heads off to take up a new challenge at Imperial College, he discusses change and transformation, including:
- Into the cloud
- Journey from outsourcing
- For zero trust to work, machines and humans require identities - The security method challenges traditional notions of identity management because it includes people, devices and machines.