From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded February 10, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: David Sherry & Tara Schaufler, InfoSec World Speakers
Zero to Sixty: Making Security Programmatic and Cultural
Our presentation in Orlando will be the rapid cultural change of security on the Princeton campus.
- General Mills expands C-suite with new tech role - Jaime Montemayor, former chief technology officer at 7-Eleven, will become chief digital and technology officer of General Mills on Feb. 24. CIO Don Monk will report to Montemayor. Montemayor will oversee the IT and Technology Solutions teams, and will lead digital transformation efforts, including boosting data and analytics capabilities.
- Research: Why We’re Incentivized by Discounts and Surcharges - In four studies, with nearly 2,000 participants, we find that the structure of an incentive—as either a surcharge or a discount—sends a subtle message to people about what others think and do. As social animals, humans are highly motivated to fit in with their peers—that is, to follow what they perceive to be a social norm. Shifting social norms is particularly appealing not only to motivate behavior in the moment, but also because it can lead to lasting behavioral changes.
- Present Your Data Like a Pro - How you present data can double — or decimate — its impact, so take note of these seven ways to ensure that your data is doing its job.
- Make sure your data can be seen
- Focus most on the points your data illustrates
- Share one — and only one — major point from each chart
- Label chart components clearly
- Visually highlight “Aha!” zones
- Write a slide title that reinforces the data’s point
- Present to your audience, not to your data
- How Using An Old School Paper Planner Changed My Life - Did you know you are 42% more likely to accomplish goals you write them down? That’s because the practice of writing significantly helps with memory.
- How to attract top talent in a competitive hiring market - One question that dominates every recruiter's mind is how to attract top talent in an economy that gives candidates the freedom to pick and choose. Here are a few tips:
- Understand the role of content in a recruitment campaign
- Tailor the message
- Use storytelling
- Nurture your candidate pipeline