- 1 Business Security Weekly Episode 170 - 2020-04-20
- 2 News - Clear Vision, 3 Recession Scenarios, and Transparency
- 3 Interview: InfoSec World Conference 2020 - 6:00-6:45PM
- 4 Fullaudio - None
Business Security Weekly Episode 170 - 2020-04-20
- Going cloudnative? See how to integrate application security in our next webcast with Signal Sciences! Learn how penetration testing reduces risk in our May webcast with Core Security (a Help Systems Company). Register for our upcoming webcasts or virtual trainings by visiting securityweekly.com/webcasts. You can also access our on-demand library of previously recorded webcasts/trainings by visiting securityweekly.com/ondemand. Each webcast will earn you 1 CPE credit that we will submit on your behalf if you provide your ISC2 number.
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to BACK to our original platform! We have our categories nailed down and you are now able to customize what you receive from us based on your preferences by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! Once you have joined, you will also be able to go back and update your "interests" so that we can grow with you as you progress through your journey in InfoSec!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - June 22nd-24th now at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- We are looking for high-quality guest suggestions for our Enterprise Security Weekly podcast to fill our upcoming recording schedule! We're committed to educating and providing entertainment for the InfoSec community and we would love to hear from you about who you would like us to interview on the show! Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
News - Clear Vision, 3 Recession Scenarios, and Transparency
Jason Albuquerque's Content:
Matt Alderman's Content:
- Stepping into a Leadership Role? Be Ready to Tell Your Story. - Research shows that having a 90-day plan with 30-day and 60-day milestones along the way increases your chances of success. But while these plans are great tools, direct reports will evaluate who you are and what you bring to the table long before you hit those milestones. To address your employees, make sure your pitch provides information on competence and change, experience and expectations, and your overall leadership approach. A few do's and don'ts:
- Don’t overshare, but do relate to reports on a personal level.
- Don’t just share your résumé, but do tell them your “story.”
- Leaders, Do You Have a Clear Vision for the Post-Crisis Future? - Vision is especially urgent during a crisis as global and systematic as this one. The business environment that you land may be very different from what it was before the crisis began. You need to begin preparing for it now.
- Spend time envisioning your future.
- Develop a strategy to walk back your envisioned future to today.
- Be prepared to learn and pivot.
- Rally your team around your vision.
- Leaders 'don't have a clue' how to manage employee data to lower risk - A new Forrester report states that data surge is one of four seismic shifts impacting businesses in the decade ahead. "Beyond data security and protection standards, numerous government and industry regulations like GDPR bind workforce data," Forrester writes. "These complex regulations will increase, making it more difficult to determine what employee and workforce information you can collect and how you can use it."
- Supply chain transparency: Technology, partnership and progress - Compliance is mostly voluntary for suppliers, and brand owners don't have to disclose everything. Data collection is mostly manual. Wen need supply chain transparency based on technology and partnership. Supply chain transparency has two components: supply chain visibility and disclosure, says Alexis Bateman, director of MIT's Sustainable Supply Chains initiative. Visibility is data about every link in the supply chain. Disclosure is communicating that information to internal and external stakeholders.
- 3 recession scenarios and their impact on tech spend - With budgets frozen, long-term projects and spending will take a hit, which impacts vendor stability. Here are the three scenarios we can expext:
- Scenario A - 30% probability: Best case, the pandemic peaks this quarter, having the largest economic impact in Q2 and Q3, but rebounding in Q4. It would result in U.S. tech spending falling 5% in 2020.
- Scenario B - 60% probability: Pandemic and economic contraction last through 2020, with recovery in mid-2021. It would result in tech budget spending cuts of 9% this year and 5% in 2021.
- Scenario C - 10% probability: The pandemic recurs and the economic downturn extends into 2021. Deep and long revenue declines would cause companies to breach or renegotiate contracts. "Modeling these impacts is not possible at this time," Forrester said.
- Covid-19 will leave its legacy on global IT services - IT services buying and selling will go through a transformation during the Covid-19 crisis. According to IT services advisory ISG, in its latest update on the global IT services market, discretionary IT spend in businesses is being reduced by up to 25%, while major technology investments are being delayed by between 90 and 120 days at many businesses.
Paul Asadoorian's Content:
Interview: InfoSec World Conference 2020 - 6:00-6:45PM
|Summer Craze Fowler is the Chief Information Officer at Argo AI and an adjunct faculty member at Carnegie Mellon University. Argo AI is an artificial intelligence company developing self-driving vehicles with a focus on making affordable, safe transportation available to everyone. Summer was previously a technical director at Carnegie Mellon University's CERT cybersecurity program where she spent 11 years researching and developing cybersecurity risk and resilience solutions for the US govt and the nation's critical infrastructure.|
Fullaudio - None
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/bsw for all the latest episodes!
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/securityweeklyLike us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/secweekly