- 1 Business Security Weekly #75
- 2 The BSW Reading List
- 3 Interview: Will Lin, Trident Capital Cybersecurity
- 4 Tracking Security Innovation
- 5 Featured Interview: Sean D'Souza part 2
Business Security Weekly #75
Recorded February 23, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Also check out our On-Demand material! Some of our previously recorded webcasts are now available On-Demand at: securityweekly.com/ondemand. Currently On-Demand we have webcasts with: Cybereason, Black Hills, Onapsis, Signal Sciences, and Stealthbits!
- InfoSec World is March 19-21st of 2018. It is at Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Security Weekly subscribers can save 15% off the InfoSec World 2018 Main Conference or World Pass with the code OS18-SW! You can catch talks from Adrian Sanabria, Diana Kelley and Ed Moyle, Jennifer Minella, Joseph Zacharias, Mark Arnold, Matias Madou, and Summer Fowler.
- HackWest 1.0 “The Wild Bunch” is scheduled for March 21st through 23rd in lovely Salt Lake City. It includes training opportunities with Tim Tomes, FuzzyNop, and Jordan & Kent from Black Hills Information Security. You'll find a wireless hacking village, a voting machine hacking village, a mobile device hacking village. And keynotes from Dawn-Marie Hutchison and Eve Galparin. Go to hackwest.org to register and our audience gets a 25% discount with the code SWHW2018
The BSW Reading List
Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamers, and Innovators Create and Dominate Markets
Michael’s take: read quickly to grasp the concept, but don’t spend a ton of time worrying about it. The key takeaway is that you can create your own category by helping people solve problems.
The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (And Why They Don't)
Michael’s take: read this. Then read it again. Take notes. This book is transformative.
Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as if Your Life Depended on It
Michael’s take: life changing book. Read it a few times, take notes. Put it to work for you.
Interview: Will Lin, Trident Capital Cybersecurity
Tracking Security Innovation
Apptio raised $4.6M in Equity
- “Apptio is a provider of technology business management SaaS applications designed to make business-aligned decisions and communicate IT value.”
- IPO in 2016 (raised $96M)
Vectra raised $36M in Series D
- “Vectra Networks develops an AI-based cyber-security platform that provides automated threat management solutions.”
- $122.1M over 5 rounds. $25M Series C in July 2014 and $43.8M in equity in September 2015
- http://channeleye.co.uk/vectra-plans-european-expansion/ —> plans to expand in Europe an grow the channel
Morphisec raised $12M in Series B
- “Morphisec is a provider of cybersecurity prevention and detection tools for enterprises.”
- $19M in two rounds; $7M Series A in October 2015
- https://www.morphisec.com/Newsroom/morphisec-announces-12m-series-b-funding-round/ —> not much detail in the hype
Dover Microsystems Raised $6M “Seed” Round
- “Dover Microsystems is a cybersecurity company that develops a hardware-based security solution to protect embedded systems from cyber attacks.”
- http://ourbuzzmedia.com/2018/02/21/waltham-based-dover-microsystems-raises-6-million-seed-round/ —> “The company will use the funds to expand engineering and product development efforts, as well as support key hires across marketing and sales.”
Temblarbit raised $3M in Equity
- “Templarbit develops an intelligent security automation platform that allows businesses to defend and monitor web applications.”
Signal Foundation Launch, Raised $50M
Featured Interview: Sean D'Souza part 2http://www.psychotactics.com is a thought system that is based on 5000+ years of tried and tested methods. Our brains are hardwired with information, that hasn't changed in all these centuries. Imagine being able to use that same psychology in business. It's so deceptively simple that you will wonder just how you did without this incredible understanding of the human psyche for so long.
Sean runs Psychotactics.com. It’s a site which explores why customers buy (and why they don’t). What causes them to hesitate at the last minute and back away? And how to overcome that hesitation factor. Sean D’Souza lives in New Zealand with his wife and approximately 64 million sheep.