From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded October 30, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- IaaS cloud vulnerabilities expected to increase 50% over 2018 figures - Help Net Security
- Respond Software adds web filtering investigation and discovery capabilities to its Respond Analyst solution - Help Net Security
- Examining security process maturity in 400 organizations - Help Net Security
- BlackBerry Announces Availability of CylancePROTECT for Mobile
- Snow Software Unveils Risk Monitor to Combat Security and Compliance Threats
- Cloud Networking and Security Firm Aviatrix Raises $40 Million | SecurityWeek.Com
- Fortinet acquires enSilo to strengthen its endpoint and network security solutions - Help Net Security
Interview: Carter Manucy, Florida Municipal Power Agency
IT/OT convergence in the power/utilities space (or at least I think that's the topic we settled on!)
Fireside chat around the differences in IT and OT cybersecurity, challenges finding the right folks, challenges facing securing OT specific equipment, workforce development...
Topic: Vulnerability Management Evaluation Guide
- Cloud vs. On-Prem
- Authenticated scanning - agents or other?
- Local scanners?
- Integrations - Ticketing systems and reporting
- Ability to define roles - Should be a tool all of IT can use
- Coverage of vulnerabilities
- Does it fit into DevOps and other practices and procedures?
- Will it automatically, through integrations or natively, just apply the patches?
- Other functionality:
- Web scanning
- Configuration auditing
- Asset management
- How does it fit into operations?
- Remediation priority and tracking
- How customizable is the reporting and processes to support remediation?
- Compensating controls
- Executive reports and trending