Recorded October 30, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- IaaS cloud vulnerabilities expected to increase 50% over 2018 figures - Help Net Security
- Respond Software adds web filtering investigation and discovery capabilities to its Respond Analyst solution - Help Net Security
- Examining security process maturity in 400 organizations - Help Net Security
- BlackBerry Announces Availability of CylancePROTECT for Mobile
- Snow Software Unveils Risk Monitor to Combat Security and Compliance Threats
- Cloud Networking and Security Firm Aviatrix Raises $40 Million | SecurityWeek.Com
- Fortinet acquires enSilo to strengthen its endpoint and network security solutions - Help Net Security
Interview: Carter Manucy, Florida Municipal Power Agency
Carter has been in IT for over 20 years now. Focusing on OT specific issues over the last decade or so, Carter has been deeply involved in everything from basic good business practice around OT to NERC CIP compliance issues. Carter holds a number of industry certifications including SANS GCIP, is a voting member of the NERC CIPC and a recognized leader for cybersecurity issues in the public power space. Carter is also a proud coin carrier of the BEER-ISAC.
IT/OT convergence in the power/utilities space (or at least I think that's the topic we settled on!)
Fireside chat around the differences in IT and OT cybersecurity, challenges finding the right folks, challenges facing securing OT specific equipment, workforce development...
Topic: Vulnerability Management Evaluation Guide
- Cloud vs. On-Prem
- Authenticated scanning - agents or other?
- Local scanners?
- Integrations - Ticketing systems and reporting
- Ability to define roles - Should be a tool all of IT can use
- Coverage of vulnerabilities
- Does it fit into DevOps and other practices and procedures?
- Will it automatically, through integrations or natively, just apply the patches?
- Other functionality:
- Web scanning
- Configuration auditing
- Asset management
- How does it fit into operations?
- Remediation priority and tracking
- How customizable is the reporting and processes to support remediation?
- Compensating controls
- Executive reports and trending