Recorded November 13, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Topic: STEALTHbits, Tenable, Aqua Security
- STEALTHbits releases StealthDEFEND 2.2, its real-time threat detection and response platform - Help Net Security
- Appsian extends platform to SAP customers - Help Net Security
- Bitdefender GravityZone enhanced with new endpoint defense capabilities - Help Net Security
- Top Application Security Vendors
- Stellar Cyber adds a new Data Streaming Application to its Starlight platform - Help Net Security
- CloudVector's API Threat Protection platform monitors and secures APIs to prevent data breaches - Help Net Security
- Tenable to Secure Enterprise Cloud Environments with Microsoft Azure Integration
- Five Points buys GrammaTech - PE Hub
- Aqua Security buys CloudSploit to expand into cloud security posture management - SiliconANGLE
Interview: Baber Amin, Ping Identity
Topic: Zero Trust architecture
Security has always been perimeter centric with an "US" vs "THEM" approach. Multiple factors are forcing a change to this design pattern, and exposing it's shortcomings. The concept of "zero trust" is really a concept of "defence in depth" applicable when our perimeters are ephemeral and fluid.
Prior to Ping Identity, Mr. Amin served as Senior Director of product management for IDaaS solutions at Oracle Corp. and CA Technologies. Before that, Mr. Amin served as Director of Cloud Security with Novell Identity and Security. He was responsible for crafting Oracle’s IDaaS strategy and setting direction for the future of Identity Services.
At CA Technologies, Mr. Amin’s primary responsibility was for CA Advanced Risk Based and Multifactor Authentication offering and CA IAM product and service strategy in the cloud, including it's next generation cloud security service offerings. During his time at Novell, he helped position Novell as a thought leader in Identity based services, cloud and enterprise security. His primary role was to lead the overall strategy for Novell Cloud Security and oversee ongoing product direction in the area.
Mr. Amin is also an author on several patents in software security, web caching and content distribution, and speaker at various events.
Interview: Ward Cobleigh, VIAVI Solutions
Threat Detection: The Network Scavenger Hunt
There’s an abundance of potential data sources that can be found within you network. Where should you look? Which data sources offer unique perspectives and value? How can you use these data sources to speed threat identification, understand scope and impact, and aide in remediation steps to minimize impact? This segment will include a brief demonstration of how commonly available data sources can be effectively leveraged by SecOps and NetOps teams.
- Brief demo/intro to our new Splunk integration
- SANS OnDemand Webinar Recording:
- 3 Lessons Learned from the Capital One Cyberattack - Listen to Your Data Sources
- What the NASA Cyberattack Teaches Us About Simple Technologies and Advanced Threats
- Not a Fish Story: Tackle the Reel Network Security Issues