Recorded February 19, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- ExtraHop announced a suite of new features
- Untangle Releases NG Firewall 15.0
- 12 hottest new cybersecurity startups at RSA 2020
- IBM announces RSA Conference withdrawal over COVID-19
- Dell Offloads RSA Cybersecurity Business, But Sale Price Surprises Many
- Forescout to be acquired by a pair of private equity firms for $1.9B
- Insight Partners Backs SentinalOne in $200 Million Investment
- CybelAngel Raises $36 Million in Series B Funding to Protect Enterprises From Costly Data Leaks
- Security Operations Center Company Cysiv Raises $26 Million
- Huntress Secures $18M Investment Led By ForgePoint Capital
- Praetorian Closes $10M Series A to Help Enterprises Navigate Future Cybersecurity Risks
- Enveil Raises $10 Million in Series A Funding
- Sixgill raises $15M to expand its dark web intelligence platform
Technical Segment: InfoSec World 2020 CTF
Scott Lyons Is a visionary in the information security industry. With over 16 years in the industry, he has worked for both government and commercial entities, covering almost every security position there is. He wrote the vulnerability and incident response playbooks/manuals for multiple government agencies and commercial entities. As such, he’s familiar with the compliance requirements for high-end commercial and government clients and is adaptable to meet environmental requirements anywhere. Scott has successfully repelled hostile incursions by hacktivists against broadcast media corporations. He has also led architecture reviews under tight deadlines and constraints, successfully managing the rollout and replacement of components and systems related to network security, across the globe.
Scott is heavily involved in the information security community. He is a staff member at multiple conferences. His duties range from Security to garnering Sponsorships, to leading teams of people through stressful and difficult situations. As a well-known member of the community, he has access to a large number and variety of people and new technologies. Scott has spoken at multiple conferences on business and technical topics.
Red Lion is running the CTF at Infosec World 2020
Scott Lyons and Joshua Marpet will provide an overview of their CTF at InfoSec World 2020, including their training class, CTF 101
Interview: Ben Budge & Lyle Beck, Litehouse, ExtraHop Customers
Ben is currently the Systems Administrator for Litehouse foods a 100% employee owned company, which is the #1 brand in refrigerated salad dressings in the United States and Canada. Prior to Litehouse, Ben's career has spanned more than fifteen years in the IT field with an emphasis on compute, storage, and virtualization systems.
Lyle has been employed at Litehouse for over 23 years, 19 of those years being in the IT field holding various positions, beginning at helpdesk and growing into the current position where he has managed the telecommunications, server, and network infrastructures for the last nine years. He has also taken on responsibility for the Litehouse information security program. In that time, Litehouse has grown from a single manufacturing site with a couple of IT staff to four manufacturing sites and a Corporate headquarters with over twenty members in IT.
We will be discussing ExtraHop
Discuss what problems we faced at Litehouse in regards to network and system monitoring and troubleshooting and how that ultimately took us to Extrahop. Then discuss the value ExtaHop has brought to Litehouse and share some of those experiences.