From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded December 19, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- RSA Conference 2019 is the place to be for the latest in cybersecurity data, innovation and thought leadership. From March 4 – 8, San Francisco will come alive with cybersecurity’s brightest minds as they gather together to discuss the industry’s newest developments. Go to rsaconference.com/securityweekly-us19 to register now using the discount code 5U9SWFD to receive $100 off a full conference pass!
- If you are interested in quality over quantity and having meaningful conversations instead of just a badge scan, join us April 1-3, at Disney's Contemporary Resort for InfoSec World 2019 where you can connect and network with like-minded individuals in search of actionable information. Use the registration code OS19-SECWEEK for 15% off the Main Conference or World Pass.
- Check out our On-Demand material! Some of our previously recorded webcasts are now available On-Demand at: securityweekly.com/ondemand.
- Intel, TPG in early talks to sell McAfee to Thoma Bravo: source
- Bitdefender offers new managed threat monitoring service
- Symantec and Fortinet Partner to Deliver Robust and Comprehensive Cloud Security Service | NCNONLINE
- Untangle Partners With Malwarebytes to Bring Layered Security to SMBs | SecurityWeek.Com
Paul's Top Ten List For 2018
Paul's Top Ten List for 2018:
- Top Productivity Tool: Hubspot
- Top Breach: Equifax
- Top Vulnerability: All of the Node.js library and add-on issues
- Favorite Security Weekly Technical Segment: PHP Type Juggling (Sven)
- Favorite 2019 Interview: Tie: Mandy and Dan Farmer & Weitse Venema
- Favorite New Startup: Bitdiscovery
- Favorite New Attack Technique: EternalSilance, Marcello
- Favorite News Article: Drones used to smuggle contraband into prison
- Favorite New Attack Tool: Everything MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Favorite Cybersecurity Acquisition: Duo (By Cisco)