From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded January 30, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- RSA Conference 2019 is coming up March 4 – 8 in San Francisco! Go to rsaconference.com/securityweekly-us19 to register now using the discount code 5U9SWFD to receive $100 off a full conference pass! If you are interested in booking an interview or briefing with Security Weekly, please go to securityweekly.com/conferencerequest to submit your request!
- Join us April 1-3, at Disney's Contemporary Resort for InfoSec World 2019 where you can connect and network with like-minded individuals in search of actionable information. Visit https://infosecworld.misti.com/ and use the registration code OS19-SECWEEK for 15% off the Main Conference or World Pass. If you are interested in booking an interview or briefing with Security Weekly, please go to securityweekly.com/conferencerequest to submit your request!
- Registration is now open for the first Security Weekly webcast of 2019! You can register for our "Rise Above Complex Workflows: Practical Ways To Accelerate Incident Response" webcast now by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts.
Interview: Andrew Peterson, Signal Sciences@signalsciences. O’Reilly author of Cracking Security Misconceptions. He was previously the group product manager of international growth at Etsy. Prior to Etsy, Peterson was a health information management officer at the Clinton Foundation before which he was a senior product specialist at Google.
- security folks must transition from looking for bugs to interacting with a process
- we need to re-learn how to prioritize the bugs
- typically we see a long list of medium and low severity bugs, always there, are they being exploited?
- how do we prioritize functionality, bug fixes and security fixes?
- how to connect w/ developers and prioritize bugs, know where attacks happen in infrastructure and code, 80% go here, lets secure that first?
- the old goal was to have software with no bugs
- Blockchain security company AnChain.ai raises $2 mln in seed - PE Hub
- Cybersecurity Startup ReSec Raises $2 Million
- Medigate brings in $15M for medical device security platform - MedCity News
- Cato Networks raises $55 million to protect cloud-based computing services
- Sophos acquires DarkBytes as foundation of new MDR services
- Symantec Boasts Advanced Protection and Hardening Capabilities with Complete Endpoint Defense
- How Cynets Platform Approach Tames Cyber-Security Issues
- Salt Security Launches API Protection Platform
- Yubicos 2019 State of Password and Authentication Security Behaviors Report