From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded May 22, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcast with Zane Lackey of Signal Sciences, Ian McShane from Endgame, or Stephen Smith and Jeff Braucher of LogRhythm (or all 3!) by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- So many of the big East Coast cybersecurity tradeshows take place in crowded cities like Boston and New York, where parking is a nightmare and will cost you an arm and a leg. However, this year's Compass Cybersecurity Symposium is being held at Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI, just 15 minutes outside of Providence! The venue has plenty of free and easy parking. Speakers include social engineering expert Chris Hadnagy and Security Weekly podcast founder Paul Asadoorian. Use the discount code "SW2019" to save $20 on registration!
- Security Weekly will be at Hacker Halted in Atlanta, GA this October 10th-11th! EC-Council is offering our listeners a $100 discount to attend the two day conference. Use discount code HH19SW when you register or go to securityweekly.com/hackerhalted and register there! Make sure you checkout the keynote (Paul Asadoorian) and Mr. Jeff Man's talk as well!
- Have you been trying your hardest to get a ticket to DerbyCon FinishLine?! We know that tickets sold out almost immediately, as they do almost every year, and we have an exciting announcement: Security Weekly is giving away 7 tickets to DerbyCon! Here's what you need to do - subscribe to the Security Weekly YouTube channel and send an email to email@example.com with either a written or video testimonial about what Security Weekly means to you! That's it, it's really that simple! First 7 people to complete this will receive a ticket to DerbyCon! You will also be invited to participate in our Security Weekly DerbyCon interview series that Sam and Mark will be running at the conference!
Interview: Corey Thuen, Gravwell
Topic: Focusing on the basics that sustain us
Interview: Candy Alexander, ISSA (Information Systems Security Association)
Ms. Alexander is very active within the profession, where her contributions include International President for the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA), chief architect for the Cyber Security Career Lifecycle and a long-standing Director on the International Board. She is also the inaugural President and past Board Member of the ISSA Education and Research Foundation. She remains a loyal member at the local level with the New England Chapter and the ISSA New Hampshire Chapter.
Ms. Alexander has received numerous awards and recognitions, including that of Distinguished Fellow of the ISSA, ranking her as one of the top 1% in the association, and she was inducted into the ISSA’s Hall of Fame. As a leader in the cyber security profession, she is often a featured speaker at many events, including the most memorable to date; the IT Security Symposium at the United Nations in New York and the Offices of President of the United States.
- | PYMNTS.com
- ThreatQuotient Expands Integration with MITRE ATT&CK Framework to Offer Full Support for Customers
- Israeli Cybersecurity Firm Guardicore Raises $60M | News Brief
- KnowBe4 Focuses on Security Culture with CLTRe Acquisition
- Duo Mobile Makes It Easier to Restore Your Third-Party Personal Accounts
- Infocyte Launches First Agentless Cloud Workload Protection Platform, Strengthens Check Point Softwares Threat Detection and IR Capabilities in Dynamic AWS Environments
- Checkmarx deploys CxSAST on Project Hosts FPC FedRAMP-authorized PaaS - Help Net Security
- JASK launches a new Heads Up Display for security operations centers - Help Net Security
- InfoSec Handlers Diary Blog - Using Shodan Monitoring
- ThreatQ adds support for mobile and PRE-ATT&CK in response to rapid customer adoption - Help Net Security
- Tata Communications and Cisco to enable enterprises a multi-cloud native hybrid network transformation - Help Net Security
- Exabeam enhances security management approach and boosts cybersecurity degree program - Help Net Security
- Identity Management Firm Auth0 Raises $103 Million | SecurityWeek.Com
- Guardicore Raises $60 Million in Series C Funding | SecurityWeek.Com