From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded July 10, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcast with Stephen Smith and Jeff Braucher of LogRhythm by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- So many of the big East Coast cybersecurity tradeshows take place in crowded cities like Boston and New York, where parking is a nightmare and will cost you an arm and a leg. However, this year's Compass Cybersecurity Symposium is being held at Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI, just 15 minutes outside of Providence! The venue has plenty of free and easy parking. Speakers include social engineering expert Chris Hadnagy and Security Weekly podcast founder Paul Asadoorian. Use the discount code "SW2019" to save $20 on registration!
- Security Weekly will be at Hacker Halted in Atlanta, GA this October 10th-11th! EC-Council is offering our listeners a $100 discount to attend the two day conference. Use discount code HH19SW when you register or go to securityweekly.com/hackerhalted and register there! Make sure you checkout the keynote (Paul Asadoorian) and Mr. Jeff Man's talk as well!
- We need your help in a survey we are running for research purposes for an upcoming webcast. How mature is your process automation for your various security capabilities? Please visit securityweekly.com/fivestagesofautomationmaturity to submit your responses to our 5 Stages of Automation Maturity Survey! We'll share the results in a webcast in November!
Topic: Threat Hunting
- PingID to Support FIDO-Compliant Biometric Authenticators and Security Keys
- TIBCO And Ping Identity Collaborate On Advanced API Cybersecurity Solutions
- BeyondTrust Simplifies Endpoint Privilege Management with PAM Platform Integration
- A10 Networks has announced a container-based solutions
- Infoblox Unveils Simplified Security Platform to Detect and Stop Threats in Today’s Borderless Networks
- Avast to bolster cybersecurity offering with AI and machine learning capabilities
- Alphabet's cybersecurity company Chronicle will join Google Cloud
- Cybersecurity Company Exabeam Acquires Cloud Security Startup SkyFormation
- Accenture to Buy Australian Cybersecurity Firm BCT Solutions
- Broadcom, Symantec near major cybersecurity deal
Interview: Craig Taylor, CyberHoot
Employees are the weakest link in Cybersecurity and because of this 80% of businesses will adopt a Cloud-based training solution by 2020. Small to Medium sized businesses are being left behind by complex, time-consuming solutions. Resellers need MRR, simple solutions that don't require training and certifications, and need help with client renewals. SMB's face the most complex, and highest rates of online attacks ever. Technology cannot solve all their risks, most solutions are too complex, time-consuming, and costly. Open solutions like CyberHoot allow you to build automated cybersecurity programs, track employee compliance, and address critical risks we all face.