Recorded July 31, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- Aqua Security Introduces Native Runtime Protection for Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Microsoft acquires BlueTalon to bolster data governance offerings
- Arduino Selects Auth0 as Standardized Login for Open-Source Ecosystem
- New code-signing solution released by Venafi
- Check Point introduces two new security gateways - CRN - India
- Sonatype Goes Long with Go: Delivers Fully Automated Security Solution for Fast Growing Programming Language
- Carbon Black Proposes Updated Cybersecurity Kill Chain Model to Help Defenders Stay Ahead of Modern Attacks
- ExtraHop Issues Warning About Phoning Home in New Security Advisory
- Perimeter 81 and SentinelOne providing unified network and endpoint security - Help Net Security
Topic: Evaluating Vendors
Interview: Charles Thompson, Viavi
Charles Thompson, Sr. Director of Product Management at VIAVI Solutions, has a career spanning 20 years in the IT space specializing in using wire-data to assist SecOps and NetOps teams with management, analysis, and protection of critical applications, services, and data. At VIAVI, Charles leads product management for the enterprise security and performance management solutions allowing earlier detection and faster, more comprehensive responses to security threats. Prior to VIAVI, Charles held various leadership roles in product management and services at Network Instruments. To learn more about VIAVI Solutions security solutions and to access a variety of premium whitepapers and assets, visit securityweekly.com/viavi.
Segment Topic: Threat Hunting