From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded August 14, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcast with Stephen Smith and Jeff Braucher of LogRhythm by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- So many of the big East Coast cybersecurity tradeshows take place in crowded cities like Boston and New York, where parking is a nightmare and will cost you an arm and a leg. However, this year's Compass Cybersecurity Symposium is being held at Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI, just 15 minutes outside of Providence! The venue has plenty of free and easy parking. Speakers include social engineering expert Chris Hadnagy and Security Weekly podcast founder Paul Asadoorian. Use the discount code "SW2019" to save $20 on registration!
- Security Weekly will be at Hacker Halted in Atlanta, GA this October 10th-11th! EC-Council is offering our listeners a $100 discount to attend the two day conference. Use discount code HH19SW when you register or go to securityweekly.com/hackerhalted and register there! Make sure you checkout the keynote (Paul Asadoorian) and Mr. Jeff Man's talk as well!
- We need your help in a survey we are running for research purposes for an upcoming webcast. How mature is your process automation for your various security capabilities? Please visit securityweekly.com/fivestagesofautomationmaturity to submit your responses to our 5 Stages of Automation Maturity Survey! We'll share the results in a webcast in November!
Interview: Mehul Revankar, SaltStack
The Sec & Ops challenge
IT operations and security teams are very different, but at a high level they both work to create a highly available digital infrastructure that is secure and compliant with regulatory standards. Achieving this goal is easier said than done for most organizations. SaltStack is bringing a new solution to the market to solve this well know but unique problem.
- Carbon Black Delivers New API Capabilities and Access Control on Its Cloud-Native Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)
- Broadcom acquires Symantecs enterprise division for $10.7 billion
- McAfee acquires Cupertino-based security platform NanoSec - Silicon Valley Business Journal
- SEC FORM D
- Navex Global Acquires Lockpath
- Linux security startup Capsule8 raises approximately $6.5 million led by Intel Capital
- A little-known Miami tech company just got a $500 million investment
- Signal Sciences Rolls New Application Security Product - socaltech.com
- A10 Networks brings zero-day automated protection to DDoS defense
- Microsoft: Russian government hackers are targeting IoT devices
- Cybersecurity Firm Cybereason Snags Another $200M From SoftBank - Fintech Roundup
Black Hat 2019 Interviews