Recorded August 14, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Mehul Revankar, SaltStack
Mehul is a Sr. Product Manager for security at SaltStack where he is responsible for building solutions that help Salt users secure their infrastructure across cloud, on-prem, hybrid and now IoT platforms. Before joining SaltStack, Mehul led multiple research teams across Vulnerability Management, Policy Compliance and Asset detection at Tenable.
The Sec & Ops challenge
IT operations and security teams are very different, but at a high level they both work to create a highly available digital infrastructure that is secure and compliant with regulatory standards. Achieving this goal is easier said than done for most organizations. SaltStack is bringing a new solution to the market to solve this well know but unique problem.
- Carbon Black Delivers New API Capabilities and Access Control on Its Cloud-Native Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)
- Broadcom acquires Symantecs enterprise division for $10.7 billion
- McAfee acquires Cupertino-based security platform NanoSec - Silicon Valley Business Journal
- SEC FORM D
- Navex Global Acquires Lockpath
- Linux security startup Capsule8 raises approximately $6.5 million led by Intel Capital
- A little-known Miami tech company just got a $500 million investment
- Signal Sciences Rolls New Application Security Product - socaltech.com
- A10 Networks brings zero-day automated protection to DDoS defense
- Microsoft: Russian government hackers are targeting IoT devices
- Cybersecurity Firm Cybereason Snags Another $200M From SoftBank - Fintech Roundup
Black Hat 2019 Interviews