From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded August 14, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Register for one of our upcoming webcasts with Bryce Shroeder and Barbara Kay of ServiceNow, Kevin O'Brien of GreatHorn, or Steve Laubenstein of Core Security (or all of them!) by going to securityweekly.com -> Click the webcast dropdown & Select Registration! If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library by selecting on-demand from the webcast drop down! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will receive 1 CPE credit per webcast!
- We're currently running our annual Listener Feedback Survey! Please visit securityweekly.com -> click the survey tab & select "2019 Listener Survey" to submit your responses!
- The new Security Weekly website is officially live! Visit securityweekly.com to check out all of our new sorting and filtering functionality! Please let us know if you find any issues or have any feedback by sending to email@example.com
- Paul will be providing his insights & predictions in the information & cyber security space at a local (ISC)2 RI Chapter Meeting on Monday, November 18th @ Gregg's Restaurant in Providence. If you would like to join us, go to securityweekly.com/isc2ri
Interview: Mehul Revankar, SaltStack
The Sec & Ops challenge
IT operations and security teams are very different, but at a high level they both work to create a highly available digital infrastructure that is secure and compliant with regulatory standards. Achieving this goal is easier said than done for most organizations. SaltStack is bringing a new solution to the market to solve this well know but unique problem.
- Carbon Black Delivers New API Capabilities and Access Control on Its Cloud-Native Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)
- Broadcom acquires Symantecs enterprise division for $10.7 billion
- McAfee acquires Cupertino-based security platform NanoSec - Silicon Valley Business Journal
- SEC FORM D
- Navex Global Acquires Lockpath
- Linux security startup Capsule8 raises approximately $6.5 million led by Intel Capital
- A little-known Miami tech company just got a $500 million investment
- Signal Sciences Rolls New Application Security Product - socaltech.com
- A10 Networks brings zero-day automated protection to DDoS defense
- Microsoft: Russian government hackers are targeting IoT devices
- Cybersecurity Firm Cybereason Snags Another $200M From SoftBank - Fintech Roundup
Black Hat 2019 Interviews