From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded September 25, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Register for one of our upcoming webcasts with Bryce Shroeder and Barbara Kay of ServiceNow, Kevin O'Brien of GreatHorn, or Steve Laubenstein of Core Security (or all of them!) by going to securityweekly.com -> Click the webcast dropdown & Select Registration! If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library by selecting on-demand from the webcast drop down! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will receive 1 CPE credit per webcast!
- We're currently running our annual Listener Feedback Survey! Please visit securityweekly.com -> click the survey tab & select "2019 Listener Survey" to submit your responses!
- The new Security Weekly website is officially live! Visit securityweekly.com to check out all of our new sorting and filtering functionality! Please let us know if you find any issues or have any feedback by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul will be providing his insights & predictions in the information & cyber security space at a local (ISC)2 RI Chapter Meeting on Monday, November 18th @ Gregg's Restaurant in Providence. If you would like to join us, go to securityweekly.com/isc2ri
- Illumios Latest Adaptive Security Platform Release Supports Containers
- OneLogin Launches New Behavioral Risk Assessment Platform
- A10 Networks launches proxy for secure access and visibility into SaaS apps
- Akamai acquires multifactor authentication specialist KryptCo
- HP acquires Bromium to complement and enhance its existing security platform - Help Net Security
- Edgesource launches new certification program designed to detect and mitigate vulnerabilities - Help Net Security
- Cyber Insurance Firm Cowbell Emerges From Stealth With $3.3 Million Seed Funding | SecurityWeek.Com
- Source Code Security Firm Cycode Launches With $4.6 Million in Funding | SecurityWeek.Com
Interview: Brian Dye, Corelight
The Path To Threat Hunting Is Paved With Great Network Data
Tune in for a lively discussion about the role of network evidence in threat hunting and innovations our guest speaker sees in the industry from some of the world’s most sophisticated threat hunters. Brian Dye is Chief Product Officer at Corelight, provider of network security monitoring solutions from the creators of open-source Zeek (formerly Bro).
Interview: Tony Meehan, Endgame
Tony’s strong leadership was notably recognized with the Director of National Intelligence Meritorious Unit Citation, a prestigious recognition of his contributions to the Intelligence Community, as well as the Labyrinth Theseus Award. Tony’s research has been presented at a range of defense institutions, including West Point and the Office of Naval Research. Tony earned both a B.S. and an M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Tulsa, and serves on the Alumni Board of Directors.
Building an engineering team for every stage of company growth.
In the fast-paced startup world, there’s one thing you can always rely on: constant change. This makes work challenging and stimulating, but it also means recruiting can be a real challenge. How do you describe your company to prospective candidates when the work environment is constantly evolving? And how do you attract people who will be the right fit for this precise moment in your growth, but who will also continue to be a good fit in the future?
These are questions Tony Meehan, Endgame’s VP of Engineering, has spent a lot of time considering. Tony will share anecdotes and advice from his experience overseeing the growth of the Endgame engineering team. As one of Endgame's first engineers, he has played (and continues to play) a critical role in the hiring and development of the team.
Interview with Tony in the University of Tulsa Alumni Newsletter: