From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Enterprise Security News
- Runtime Application Self-Protection Security Market to Grow at a CAGR of 43.94% During the Period 2016-2020
- Cloud-Based Access Provider, Duo Security, Unveils New Single Sign-On Offering for SaaS Applications
- New AlienVault Research Finds 76% of Security Professionals Believe Sharing Threat Intelligence Is a Moral Responsibility
- Qualys Beefs Up Cloud Tool for Security Consultants
- Oracle buys cloud security company Palerra
- EiQ Leverages the Latest Cloud Technology to Lower TCO and Drive Faster Time to Value
- Skybox Security Launches New Platform For Virtual, Cloud Environments
- Darktrace Launches Full Cloud Deployments
- Report validates VMware NSX capabilities enable zero-trust model
Privileged Identity Management - The Basics
- PIM - Privileged identity management (PIM) is the monitoring and protection of superuser accounts in an organization’s IT environments. Includes the following?
- Privileged access management
- Privileged user management
- Privileged account management
- Privileged identity management
- Privileged password management
- Privileged account security
- IAM - An identity management access (IAM) system is a framework for business processes that facilitates the management of electronic identities. The framework includes the technology needed to support identity management.
- Funny: In 1976, IBM® set the standard for security products when RACF® was introduced! RACF provides the functions that let you:
- identify and verify system users
- identify, classify, and protect system resources
- authorize the users who need access to the resources you've protected
- control the means of access to these resources
- log and report unauthorized attempts at gaining access to the system and to the protected resources
- administer security to meet your installation's security goals.
- What problem are we trying to solve?
- What problems do they actually solve?
- What should your goals be for this project?
- Is this technology for everyone?
- Who are all the players in the market?