From Paul's Security Weekly
Enterprise Security Weekly #48
Recorded on June 7, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Webroot and ConnectWise Expand Partnership to Help Customers Reduce Web Browsing Risks :: ITbriefing.net ::
- Juniper Networks Opens Software-Defined Security Ecosystem - in addition to making SDSN compatible with switches from Cisco, the SDSN platform can now also automatically apply security policies to NSX network virtualization software from VMware. On the public cloud front, IT organizations can now manage Juniper Networks firewalls deployed on Microsoft Azure clouds.
- Farsight Security and DomainTools Publish New Research Report "Luxury Brands, Cheap Domains: Why Retailers Are Losing The Fight Against Online Counterfeiting" :: ITbriefing.net :: - Farsight Security and DomainTools examined the domains of four international luxury brands known for their sought-after designer watches, clothing, handbags and accessories. By using Farsight historical Passive DNS and DomainTools Whois and domain profile data, Farsight and DomainTools security researchers reveal how cybercriminals are exploiting the Domain Name System (DNS) to commit fraud – using cheap domains and other techniques to lure unsuspecting consumersto buy knock-off luxury goods. wow: A given brand could have 100,000 or more possible domain names for each of its properties Thousands of domains exist using a company's trademark names Hundreds of domains found with terms such as "cheap and "fake," as well as domains purporting to be retail outlets, but whose registration records showed no connection to the brand or related operations Brand infringement domains have wide distribution across TLDs, but .com predominates Brand infringement domains appear to have relatively low rates of malware, phishing and spam Brand holders don't use Whois privacy, but imitators do
- Phantom Announces Inaugural Security Automation & Orchestration User Conference - Case studies highlighting unique use cases such as indicator enrichment, threat hunting, alert investigations, containment, and remediation. How-to tutorials on security automation and orchestration including playbook and app development, end-user training, and reporting. Best practices for SOC automation.
- New Study from Duo Finds Millions of Devices Running Out-of-Date Systems, Despite Latest High-Profile Breaches
- Ixia Extends CloudLens Private to Deliver Visibility into Subscriber Traffic for Mobile Operators - This new software solution delivers visibility into subscriber traffic which enables mobile operators to assure the Quality of Service (QoS) for critical Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and data services in software defined (SDN) and traditional networks.
- Duo and McAfee come together to celebrate new partnership - Duo snapped up the exclusive New Zealand distribution rights for McAfee last month.
Topic: Building an Internal Penetration Testing Team
- Who should be on the team?
- What should they test?
- How deep should they test?
- How long should they test for?
- How should they route the results?
- What are some of the challenges of internal vs. external?
- Do you still need external pen tests? If so, for what?