- 1 Enterprise Security Weekly #59
- 2 Enterprise News
- 3 Topic: Security Operations and Endpoint Protection
- 4 Technical Segment: Enterprise Network Monitoring
Enterprise Security Weekly #59
Recorded August 30, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Fortinet FortiGate Virtualized Security Available for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Tufin Orchestration Suite R17-2 Offers Automation of Critical Firewall Tasks | Tufin
- Okta expands multi-factor authentication as it diversifies beyond single sign-on
- VMware Starts to Deliver on Cloud Promise
- Forcepoint Snaps Up RedOwl
- Gemalto Announces Data Protection Solutions for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Hot products at VMworld 2017
- AlgoSec drives digital transformation by aligning security management with business processes
VMWorld started Monday with a few announcements
- VMWare to be “Cloud Switzerland”
- VMWare on AWS out of beta
- App Defense
ForcePoint buys RedOwl
Topic: Security Operations and Endpoint Protection
Technical Segment: Enterprise Network Monitoring
Twitter poll results for the best free or open-source enterprise network monitoring tools:
- @securityweekly Librenms (https://t.co/TqhaRFAUQH) and observium (https://t.co/8zZ92gJxDX) before that.
- @securityweekly Zabbix
- @securityweekly Zabbix.. Looking to move from 3 to 3.2
- @securityweekly Zabbix does the job
- @ThomasAraneta @securityweekly I've been running 3.2 and actually quite happy with its dashboarding. It's so capabl… https://t.co/daLUSGYK46
- @securityweekly Telegraf on Linux, for BSD still zabbix
- @securityweekly They're all pretty awful. My xp is Zabbix, Influx, Ganglia, and a few others. Favorite is not an appropriate term.
- @securityweekly Zabbix gets the job done but it isn't very pretty
- @securityweekly Ganglia still gets the job done
- @securityweekly Homemade python scripts.
- @securityweekly https://t.co/Q03ZGxe04p (opennms)
- @securityweekly How about @opennms?
- @securityweekly Look at https://t.co/1c3bAn25jz, I love it!
- @securityweekly: User poll: Icinga !!!
@securityweekly + No incoming connections on servers, just outgoing UDP No auth of data sources; Gotta trust fire… https://t.co/3PseVoLSuq
@tmclaughbos @securityweekly Big fan of @PrometheusIO here.