From Paul's Security Weekly
Enterprise Security Weekly #77
Recorded January 24, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Interview: Lenny Zeltser, Minerva Labs
Lenny helps shape global infosec practices by teaching incident response and malware defenses at SANS Institute and by sharing knowledge through writing, public speaking and community projects. He has earned the prestigious GIAC Security Expert professional designation and developed the Linux toolkit REMnux, which is used by malware analysts throughout the world. Lenny is on the Board of Directors of SANS Technology Institute.
- ThreatMetrix teams up with GlobalOnePay - Numbers are impressive (I guess): Founded in 2009, San Jose-based ThreatMetrix offers insights into 1.4 billion anonymised user identities to deliver intelligence for 100 million daily authentication decisions. The company verifies more than 20 billion annual transactions supporting 30,000 websites and 4,500 customers across the globe through its Digital Identity Network, which feeds into its Digital Identity Graph.
- Palo Alto Networks launches cloud-based analytics application to prevent cyber attacks - Magnifier applies machine learning to rich network, endpoint, and cloud data, precisely detecting and preventing targeted attacks, insider abuse, and endpoint compromise.
- CrowdStrike walks away from Cloud distribution
- Sumo Logic expands security toolset with FactorChain acquisition - What Sumo bought with FactorChain was a tool that can rapidly search across multiple systems to locate security data and find issues quickly. What’s more, FactorChain remembers what you’ve found in the past, so security operations analysts don’t spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel. Interesting.
- Big Switch Extends Network Innovations to Automate Hyperconverged Environments
- New solution delivers optimized remote monitoring and management - Kaseya VSA 9.5 includes support for Microsoft PowerShell to allow remote scripting, plus enhanced file management to allow remote upload or download of multiple files and whole directories from a single interface.
- SmartBear announces new API testing and documentation tool
- Carbon Black Announces Cb ThreatSight - The Cb Predictive Security Cloud (PSC) is a converged endpoint protection platform delivering next-generation security and IT operations services through the cloud and ensures that products and services are delivered in an effective and timely manner. I'm not in love with the problem: As the global threat landscape accelerates, security teams often worry an attack will slip through. Compounding this issue is a scarcity of cybersecurity staffing and expertise. Many organizations, especially SMBs, lack dedicated security professionals to investigate and respond to the flood of alerts and attacks they face. Even skilled professionals miss important alerts in their own environments (or trending threats in the public realm) because they are so resource constrained.