From Paul's Security Weekly
Enterprise Security Weekly #93
Recorded May 30, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Check out our On-Demand material! Some of our previously recorded webcasts are now available On-Demand at: securityweekly.com/ondemand.
- Ticket Sales are open for Social Engineering RI Conference. Saturday, June 6th at Salve Regina University in Newport RI. Go to - http://se-ri.org/ to register! We are giving away 2 tickets to this conference. Please send your best meme of Paul and Larry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do you feel about User and Entity Behavior Analytics? What about your SEIM? Check out Logrhythm's webcast on June 14th at 3:00pm-4:00pm.
Interview: Eric Bednash and Jonathan Halstuch, RackTop
- iTWire - Malwarebytes completes deal to acquire Binisoft - With continued increases in cyber threats, including malware that communicates and coordinates data theft, it is more important than ever for businesses to easily manage their Windows Firewall and establish communication policies to prevent programs from initiating unauthorized outbound connections.
- Lastline tackles advanced malware threats - Not sure how they do this or what makes them different: Automatically collects and analyzes isolated events from perimeter, network, and endpoint tools to deliver high-fidelity alerts, Categorizes and consolidates activity to link malicious behavior to define the scope of the attack in a unified view, Triages threat activity from across the network to identify the highest risk incidents
- Duo Security Names Veteran Marketing Leader, Neville Letzerich, Chief Marketing Officer - Letzerich's appointment as Duo's first CMO marks the latest milestone in the eight-year-old company's accelerating growth trajectory. In 2017, Duo raised $70 million in Series D financing at an over $1 billion valuation, as well as surpassed $100 million in annual recurring revenue (ARR). The company also recently appointed Silicon Valley-based technology leader, Sydney Carey, as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), who comes from high-growth private and public software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies, including Apttus, ZScaler, MongoDB and TIBCO. Could DUO be heading for IPO?
- Cybersecurity, FireMon to Acquire Lumeta - FireMon, a provider of network security policy management solutions, is to acquire Lumeta Corporation, a Somerset, New Jersey-based provider of cyber situational awareness solutions for delivering complete real-time visibility into the extended network and across all connected endpoints.
- Varonis to Showcase Latest Products and Host Presentations on Data-Centric Security at Infosecurity Europe 2018 - Visitors can see the latest products and features built on the Varonis Data Security Platform, which is used by thousands of organisations to monitor file activity and user behaviour, prevent data breaches, and manage permissions across file and email systems. Varonis Edge, which is new to the platform, extends data security from the core to the perimeter by analysing devices such as DNS, VPN, and web proxies to detect security events, such as brute-force attacks, DNS tunnelling and credential stuffing.
- InAuth Launches Enhanced Secure Two-Factor Authentication Solution - InAuthenticate is a message and data transport technology that offers a secure alternative to other two-factor authentication methods, such as email and SMS. InAuthenticate is easy to add to an organization’s mobile app and enables strong customer authentication for payment authorizations, logging into accounts, bank transfers, account changes, customer acknowledgments or consent.
- 6 Ways Third Parties Can Trip Up Your Security - One big issue that survey respondents identify is the lack of visibility into the security status of third-party networks and systems. Although third parties have access to an increasing amount of enterprise data, more than half of the respondents in the survey have no inventory of all the external people accessing their networks and data.