Security Weekly - Episode 352 for Thursday November 7th, 2013
- We've released a book on Offensive Countermeasures! Visit tinyurl.com/OCM-Amazon to add this to your summer reading list.
- We are looking for sponsors for our weekly webcasts and shows. Contact paul -at- hacknaked.tv for details!
- The Stogie Geeks Show! - Kick some ash with the Stogie Geeks, Thursday nights at 9:00PM EST. Come have a cigar with us! If you are in the Rhode Island area please visit our sponsor the Havana Cigar Club, its an awesome place to have a drink! Make sure you print out your $5.00 off coupon here!
Guest Interview: Winn Schwartau
Winn Schwartau is one of the world's top experts on security, privacy, infowar, cyber-terrorism and related topics. He is well known for his appearances at DEFCON as the host for the game Hacker Jeopardy.
- How did you get your start in information security?
- How has hacker culture changed in the past 20 years?
- What is Hacker Jeopardy and what are some of the highlights from running this at Defcon?
- In your first book "'"Information Warfare: Chaos on the Electronic Superhighway" which came out in 1994 how many of the "warfare" theories have come true?
- What are the greatest threats posed by cyber attacks today?
- Which top 3 pieces of advice do you have for parents to keep their kids safe on the Internet?
- What has changed in advice to give to kids since you first published your book about keeping them safe on the internet?
- Some have given up on security awareness, what do you say to those people?
- How do you measure a security awareness program?
- Can you give us some examples of "Mobile Active Defense"?
- Any upcoming public speaking engagements?
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of Ass Grabby Grabby do you prefer to go first or second?
- Stranded in a desert island, which tablet would you bring along: a) iPad b) Surface c) Android d) All of the above e) None of the above?
I AM THE CAVALRY
The Cavalry Isn't Coming - Preserving Security Research Through the Demonstration of Public Good.
If any listeners are headed to the Microsoft MVP Summit I'm hosting a Tenable-sponsored reception Sunday night, Nov 17. Ask folks to ping me at firstname.lastname@example.org (or however they can find me) for details.
- Rise of ColdFusion Breaches
- CryptoLocker - it's a real thing
- 3 Failed Log-ins - Paul's Twitter
- Twitter IPO'd today
- AppSecUSA in Two Weeks!
- Google as a SQLi platform
- Bug bounty program for the whole internet
- Whitehat Aviator - A new "secure by default" browser from Jeremiah Grossman and Rsnake
ctf365 - we have a team, and even in alpha its cool!
silkroad 2.0 Will it really end, or is it just a polymorphic black market? DPR has handed off his legacy once more.