Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 377 for Thursday June 19th, 2014
And now, from the dark corners of the Internet, where exploits run wild, packets aren’t the only things getting sniffed, and the beer flows steady its Paul’s Security Weekly!
- This segment is sponsored by Palo Alto Networks creators of THE next-generation firewalls, helping you enforce network security policies based on applications, users, and content. Visit them on the web at www.paloaltonetworks.com
- and by Tenable Network Security, the creators of Nessus, the worlds best vulnerability scanner. Check out Tenable's other cool products such as the passive vulnerability scanner and SecurityCenter Continuous View. Visit them on the web at www.tenable.com
"Now, fire up a packet capture, pour yourself a beer, and give the intern control of your botnet..."
"Here's your host, he has a very small number of cells in his vienna sausage, Paul Asadoorian!"
- Security Weekly Updates::
- Be sure to check out our new 4 day Active Defense and Offensive Countermeasures class at Black Hat Vegas!
- SANS Las Vegas from October 26-27th will debut a new course titled "Embedded Device Security Assessments for the Rest of Us" which will teach students how to assess embedded systems of all varieties on pen tests and in your duties as a security professional. Stay tuned for updates, registration, discount codes and sneak previews!
- You can purchase Hack Naked T-Shirts online via http://shop.securityweekly.com get yours today!
- Attend the show live if you are in the RI area, check http://securityweekly.com/attend for details
Guest Interview: Chris "loganWHD" Hadnagy
Chris Hadnagy, aka loganWHD, has been involved with computers and technology for over 14 years. Presently his focus is on the "human" aspect of technology such as social engineering and physical security. Chris has spent time in providing training in many topics around the globe and also has had many articles published in local, national and international magazines and journals.
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of Ass Grabby Grabby do you prefer to go first or second?
- If you could have dinner with one celebrity, who would it be?
Ten more questions to ask at random:
- If you had super powers, what would they be?
- A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
- If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?"
- Pick two celebrities to be your parents."
- What do you think about when you are alone in your car?
- What song best describes your life?
- If you were a Star Trek® [or Star Wars® ] character, which one would it be?
- If you were 80 years old, what would you tell your children?
- What is the record amount of time you have gone without a shower?
- What is the geekiest thing you've ever done/created/bought/said?
Guest Interview: Steve Christy
- This segment is brought to you by http://www.blacksquirrel.io/ - Pentest Networks from Your Browser! Exploit the limits of network security through just a browser. Have a Chrome exploit in your toolkit? Good, but for the rest of us there's Black Squirrel. Visit blacksquirrel.io for more information.
- and by Onapsis the leading provider of solutions to protect ERP systems from cyber-attacks. Customers can secure their SAP and Oracle business-critical platforms from espionage, sabotage and financial fraud risks. Visit them on the web at http://www.onapsis.com/
- and by Pwnie Express - Check out the community edition and turn your Nexus 7 into a lean and mean pen testing machine. For all those hard to reach places, there's Pwnie Express, visit them on the web at pwnieexpress.com